01 Cobra vs. 06 GTO

coreseller

Established Member
kezell said:
Well even from a roll after the we left the trak they werent able to hang at all. We went from a 2nd gear roll and 3rd gear rolls. Same results both times.

I am not beating the cars down. I love the cars. They handle far better than what my car does.

I'm surprised to hear that you think the GTO handles better, I've got an Eibach ProKit on my Cobra so maybe that's why mine feels so much tighter than the GTO. Your times in the quarter are VERY respectable, good driving.....Mark. :thumbsup:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Thanks. I have the Steeda sport springs on my car. I just think the IRS in those cars feel more stable.

coreseller

Established Member
Everything just seems to respond so much quicker in the Cobra, especially the turn-in (265/35/18's probably help too). It's pretty funny how different cars can feel to others. The rear IRS in the GTO does seem more compliant, to me the nose just seems to push around alot vs. the Cobra. Have fun hunting :beer: .

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
coreseller said:
Everything just seems to respond so much quicker in the Cobra, especially the turn-in (265/35/18's probably help too). It's pretty funny how different cars can feel to others. The rear IRS in the GTO does seem more compliant, to me the nose just seems to push around alot vs. the Cobra. Have fun hunting :beer: .

The factory U.S. alignment specs are crap. I've done poly bushings, springs, rear sway, weight reduction, and custom alignment and on the road course I tear up a lot of the compitition!

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
Matt S said:
I raced an 04 with my bone stock 99 and steadily pulled on him even when approaching 100mph. I started in first at his back bumper and he ended up right at my back wheels with his front bumper. Nice guy we exchanged thumbs up and went our seperate ways. I wasn't expecting that at all, but I was proud of my car after that. His car was a manual and he slammed 2nd and 3rd hard (as did I) so there didn't seem to be any driver issues. Keep in mind that was the LS1 GTO. With your mods you'll smoke all, but a built GTO.

It's not bone stock, it has a K & N!

Users who are viewing this thread