01 Cobra rear wing delete

Avenging Angel

Established Member
I did it & I sell the plugs. A set of two for $10.

holeplug.jpg

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
does your plugs keep the water out pretty good??? whats the quality of the paint on the plugs?? do they chip easily??

you can get them at Autozone or your nearest auto store. im getting my painted TB.go to Hobby Lobby or your nearest Artcraft store and find your paint. they keep the water out. ive had mine on for sometime now. and now leaks ,try it :banana:

NXSVTCOBRA

i went to autozone yesterday n didnt find any plugs, i'll try advance tomorrow.... you think that pain would stick?? are your plugs noticeable??? just curious, i could just plug mine off for a while and use the money for other shyt

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I toy with taking mine off regilarly..but with my splitter it would look funny as hell...I think I am gonna takr off the splitter and the wing and run around for a few weeks like that and race the guys that know about my car, with it stripped they wont know its me

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
Understang said:
Hey 01BlueCobra:

What size are the holes?

Took a couple pic's for you. sorry for the crappy pic's(cellphone)

*the plastic plug ist that big.
716183_83.jpg

* the Rubber plug(to hold the plastic plug)
716183_82.jpg

* them togather. holds pretty well.
716183_81.jpg

hope this helps out.... :-D

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
Took a couple pic's for you. sorry for the crappy pic's(cellphone)

*the plastic plug ist that big.
716183_83.jpg

* the Rubber plug(to hold the plastic plug)
716183_82.jpg

* them togather. holds pretty well.
716183_81.jpg

hope this helps out.... :-D
:beer: never thought about the rubber things..good idea

Understang

Slightly Mad
Established Member
I found a guy who is quite the expert on car plugs. He caters mostly to Porsche cars but can match many Ford colors. Unfortunatly for me, he doesn't have Mineral Grey (special order only). His plugs supposedly have a 14-stage application and achieve a "perfect" finish. He charges $24/pair.

For those of you that have money to burn, check out...

www.bumperplugs.com

BlakHrse95

Established Member
I took my spoiler off my Mach 1 this past weekend. I picked up some plug/fasteners at Lowes, and painted them with touchup paint. Got some silicone/sealant as well. I am looking everywhere for a spoilerless decklid, but have not found any. Tonight I should be able to finish it all up.
My paint is no where near perfect under the spoiler though, so that sorta sucks. Just a temporary solution.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
BlakHrse95 said:
I took my spoiler off my Mach 1 this past weekend. I picked up some plug/fasteners at Lowes, and painted them with touchup paint. Got some silicone/sealant as well. I am looking everywhere for a spoilerless decklid, but have not found any. Tonight I should be able to finish it all up.
My paint is no where near perfect under the spoiler though, so that sorta sucks. Just a temporary solution.

I know the feeling- in fact i just went to get a quote for filling painting and it was $255 :kaboom: needless to say I'll keep searching for a wingless fellow who wants to trade. :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread