01 Cobra rear wing delete

Understang

Slightly Mad
Established Member
Has anybody deleted their rear wing? I don't care for mine. I like the look of the 03 Cobra rear wing. What's involved in changing the 01 wing to 03 style? If anyone has done this and has pictures, please post.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
GO WINGLESS

716183_78_full.jpg

716183_80_full.jpg

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
Understang said:
01BlueCOBRA said:
GO WINGLESS

Is it as simple as removing the wing? Are there mounting holes to fill in? Please provide details if you can. Thanks.

when i took the wing off. there are 4 holes you have to fill in. i went to Autozone, and got some black plugers.to cover the holes for now. then later on go back and get it filled and painted.

Understang

Slightly Mad
Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
when i took the wing off. there are 4 holes you have to fill in. i went to Autozone, and got some black plugers.to cover the holes for now. then later on go back and get it filled and painted.

I wonder if the 03 style rear wing can be mounted using the same four holes.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
brebar where u at in south florida? have i already asked u that?

West Palm area. I go to FSU, so when I'm not down here I'm in Tally.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I would just try to swap for an 03 decklid, by the time you buy the spoiler, fill your old holes, and paint the swap is very costly for an 03 spoiler, I was going to do it. I am going to find a wingless spoiler and put it on, or just find an 03. The wingless is very cool, but not the look I am after.

Understang

Slightly Mad
Established Member
99cobrablack said:
I would just try to swap for an 03 decklid, by the time you buy the spoiler, fill your old holes, and paint the swap is very costly for an 03 spoiler, I was going to do it. I am going to find a wingless spoiler and put it on, or just find an 03. The wingless is very cool, but not the look I am after.

That's what I'm thinking. The only question then is where to get an 03 decklid in Mineral Grey.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Understang said:
That's what I'm thinking. The only question then is where to get an 03 decklid in Mineral Grey.

At least they made some 03's in MG. The 99 white is different than the 03, so I don't even have that option.

It's funny this thread popped up today, because I just pulled my spoiler off to get to the decklid to wax, and I LOVE how it looks without a spoiler. I think I might just get some bolts and a few washers and put those over the holes in the mean time.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
:eek: :xpl: use plugs like 01bluecobra said, they make some that are barely noticeable

I'll probably end up putting the wing back on. Almost anything I put on there, unless I can find it in white, is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
I'll probably end up putting the wing back on. Almost anything I put on there, unless I can find it in white, is going to stick out like a sore thumb.
avenging angel ( I think it is him at least) makes the plugs to go in, and they are painted to match. Last I knew they were like 15 bucks, might give him a PM.

stock svt

Modular Doctor
Established Member
99cobrablack said:

I did this...
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/9371/rear.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/9371/rear_far.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/9371/rear_side.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread