Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15k+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Just curious everyone's current MILES on their 01 COBRA and if they have had zero/some/lots of major problems.

I have 3900 miles with 3 major problems.

Last edited:

ron williams

Established Member
I have 2900 miles on my True-Blue 2001 Cobra. It has now been in the shop for 2 weeks. It broke the drivers side C-V joint and half shaft. Still waiting for parts. I still love the car.

sprayed46

Established Member
i have got 1400 miles my problems so far is a busted tranny at 900 miles motor burn oil at 1000 wind noise, driveline vib.rattle in dash and door. backfiring, surging. :fm:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by sprayed46
i have got 1400 miles my problems so far is a busted tranny at 900 miles motor burn oil at 1000 wind noise, driveline vib.rattle in dash and door. backfiring, surging. :fm:
Man you must have broke yours in doing 7k shifting :rolling: That would totaly suck...............

REDLYNE

Established Member
ron williams-

What kind of mods do you have on your cobra?

I ask...because I assume you didn't break the IRS dropping your grandma off at the store.... if you know what I mean.... :rolling:

ron williams

Established Member
STEEDA TRI-AX SHIFTER,K&N COLD AIR INDUCTION,BBK TWIN 65 THROTTLE BODY, PAUL'S SUPERCHIP, AND BFG 275/40 /17 DRAG RADIALS. I HAVE A PAUL'S IRS BRACE ON ORDER! JUST GOT A CALL FROM MY DEALER- THE CAR BROKE AN "OLD" STYLE HALF SHAFT! WAITING FOR THE "NEW" UPDATED VERSION??

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Brian,

let me drive it.......... I am sure it could develope a few.............. (twisted frame around tree syndrome could pop-up:D )

I've heard about your driving, I think it may be better for you to ride. :D

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Brian................. I dont know what you have heard....... but here is what really happened............... This is my '96 Edie Bauer Exploder

-zach

7B87743.jpg

ba40827.jpg

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
LOL you are eh.............

I have posted some phonies here, but that explorer is mine and I experienced all 8 flips that it went on...........

Taz

Established Member
Shakedown Cruise

Took the new snake out for a little highway shakedown cruise last weekend - about 150 miles of State Highway 2-lane blacktop. Relatively warm day for the area around the Ft. Stinking Hole Desert Indian Reservation and Cobalt Bomb Test Range - somewhere between 105 and 110 degrees F. AC running full blast.

Ran the car fairly hard for short periods while playing with other traffic, taching it up to maybe 5500 - 6000 while accelerating to 100+ MPH. No power falloff above 5000 and not a trace of the dreaded '01 detonation problem that several others are complaining about, just ear-to-ear grins. Love this car! So far, haven't experienced a single problem of any kind, but have not yet hit 1K miles on the clock, so the jury is still out, but I LOVE this car!

:D

ron williams

Established Member
PHP SUPERCHIP

REDLYNE

I AM SORRY TO SAY, I AM HAVING A HARD TIME DECIDING WHAT IT DID FOR ME. THE ONE THING I HAVE NOTICED IS BETTER GAS MILAGE(WHICH I DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT). LOOKS LIKE FORD DID A GOOD JOB ON THE STOCK CHIP. MAYBE SOME ONE ELSE CAN SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS?DID YOU PUT THE 4'30'S IN YOUR SELF?IF NOT, HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU?

Last edited:

sssSnake 01

Established Member
Miles ....Still Otay!

I have 7800 miles on my 01 daily driver. I have not had any problems. I drive the car moderately with occasional snake biting exercises to keep the GM boys in line. Don't want your Snake to think it is a station wagon right? Drive the car like it should be driven but don't be a 17 year old trying to kill the thing in a single afternoon.

A few keys to save your sssSnake:

1. Save your energy for the bonehead in the Camaro SS and quit trying to impress the guy who wants to race you in his mini-van.
After all, you'd need a calendar to record his 1/4 mile times.

2. Limit the number of demo rides you give your friends, you know the one where you forget to watch the tach and hit the limiter.

3. Remember you have a factory performance car not a factory race car. If you want to race spend some more money and set up your car (and commit to it and forget about your warranty).

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Re: Miles ....Still Otay!

Originally posted by sssSnake 01
I have 7800 miles on my 01 daily driver. I have not had any problems. I drive the car moderately with occasional snake biting exercises to keep the GM boys in line. Don't want your Snake to think it is a station wagon right? Drive the car like it should be driven but don't be a 17 year old trying to kill the thing in a single afternoon.

A few keys to save your sssSnake:

1. Save your energy for the bonehead in the Camaro SS and quit trying to impress the guy who wants to race you in his mini-van.
After all, you'd need a calendar to record his 1/4 mile times.

Heheheh that was good...........

Users who are viewing this thread