01 cobra and installing 03 cobra engine

jak_1985

Established Member
Hi this is my first post ever on any forum. The question I had was I have a 01 cobra that the engine locked up on me today. I have ordered a 03 cobra engine to replace it. I'm wondering if this swap is something me and my dad can do in his shop or is it complicated enough I need to take it to a mechanic. The engine is coming complete with computer, wiring, fuel rails and injectors. Any help would greatly appreciated

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
You need to post in one of the tech specific sections.

Don't just post willy nilly around the site. Look around a bit.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Hi this is my first post ever on any forum. The question I had was I have a 01 cobra that the engine locked up on me today. I have ordered a 03 cobra engine to replace it. I'm wondering if this swap is something me and my dad can do in his shop or is it complicated enough I need to take it to a mechanic. The engine is coming complete with computer, wiring, fuel rails and injectors. Any help would greatly appreciated

Definitely check the tech sections, but if I can swap a 00 GT to an 03 Cobra in a cramped, unpowered, unlit storage space with basic hand tools, I'd say you should be able to do it in a shop.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Which one is the tech section? SVT Engineer? I can't figure out how to post in there:wf:

Seriously? Go to the main list of forums and scroll down. There's got to be 30 of them, and 2 of which that this topic falls in.

99 and 01 Cobras

03/04 Cobras

Also, to save you and everyone else some hassle, search, search, search. This isn't an uncommon swap and I bet there's at least 2 build threads on it and a bunch more threads asking questions about it.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned

Hey guys give the guy a break. I cant believe it took this long but Welcome to the forum. post up some pictures of your ride!

:banana::banana:

jak_1985

Established Member
Thanks for the welcome Gadfly09. I only have one pic of my car cuz I had to go back to work (I work 950 miles from home)

jak_1985

Established Member
Can't figure out how to post a pic. I've never been on a forum so yes I'm a dumb ass when it comes to this

BlueSnake01

Established Member
How are we not giving him a break? Nobody is being a dick.
Exactly, didn't see anyone being a dick about anything to O.P. :shrug:

O.P Congrats and you're gonna LOVE IT!!! Your 01 Computer would've worked also. If you are changing to the T-56 tranny, don't remember but I believe you have to extend the drive shaft or the center link for your rear end.

I would also recommend 03/04 Cobra fuel tank just to be safe since they are dual pumps compared to the single from the 01.

Users who are viewing this thread