01 Block For Eaton

Joester08

Established Member
I bought my cobra about 2 months ago, I am thinking about putting a stock eaton on it. But the speed shop told me they wouldnt recommend doing it because the stock block in a 01' cant handle the Eaton, Is this true?

:rockon:

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
You can handle boost, but low boost. im sure people out there are running higher boost on stock internals and have gotten lucky. You can pick up an 03-04 pullout for 3500+ and most people include the blower. Food for thought I guess. Also, there are N/A cobras making respectable rwhp with cams and basic bolt ons.

Search your topic and you can find dozens of threads that answer your question.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
The block and crank can handle plenty. The rods and pistons are not as strong. How much it will handle will all depend on the tune, timing, fuel, boost, etc. This topic has been covered numerous times. Do a search and you will find all your answers.

BigEag205

Established Member
UUUUUHM...correct me if I'm wrong, but the Teksid blocks are the more powerful blocks that have been repeatedly proven over 1200hp by Sean Highland and others are they not? All 99's came with it and some 01's were lucky enough to receive the left overs instead of the WAP or whatever the switched to...mine being one =D The Teksid blocks also have 6 bolt mains (4 in the valley, 2 on the sides) compared to the 4 bolts. Pretty sure the weak point of 99-01 internals are the rods. The cranks in the cobras and standard tranny Mach's are forged not cast.

EDIT: Didn't mean to come off as a smart ass if I did. Is your motor torn down and really for a build or what Im guessing is you have it in the car still running and were talking to them about swapping an eaton on? IMO, eaton swaps aren't worth it unless you have a blown motor and but a swap in. you have to change way more things than most people think. Much better options to get more power for equivalent money.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The WAP block (not rotating assembly) can handle more power than an Eaton combo can produce.

There are many Eaton swapped WAP blocked cobras and mach 1s. With that, don't be afraid to do an Eaton swap.

Whenever someone asks about the strength of WAP blocks someone always touts the power handling capability of the teksid. Why is this? A teksid provides no benefit if the power level is below 700rw. Also, the main bolt arrangement is strong but not any stronger than that of the WAP...it just has more bolts.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
. Much better options to get more power for equivalent money.

The only mod that will provide the same power for less money is n2o. Eaton swaps can be had for $2500 which is a great deal. Centrifical chargers may make more peak hp but when it comes to average power the PD blowers, turbos and n20 can't be beat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread