00R, What headers are you using?

Saleenrose

Established Member
Is the header flange the same bolt pattern as the 03-04 Cobra, Talking with Bassani and We don't know if they use the same flange pattern. What headers are you racers using?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Brent:

Most of us are using the factory shorties because there is no manufacturer that makes a long tube for the 5.4 in an SN-95.

I may be looking at doing some custom headers for MM k-member (Ford and Griggs k-member would be different) this next Winter.

We can see what kind of interest there would be for a group buy at that time.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
well, that, plus headers are hardly worth the trouble they cause.
cast iron exhaust manifolds are simple as an anvil and dead-nuts reliable.

tubular headers, not so much. unless you like tickticktickticktick leaks at the flanges, pinholes, and flat spots. that plus the o2 sensor usually ends up too far downstream to do its job properly. It doesn't belong in the collector.

Saleenrose

Established Member
well, that, plus headers are hardly worth the trouble they cause.
cast iron exhaust manifolds are simple as an anvil and dead-nuts reliable.

tubular headers, not so much. unless you like tickticktickticktick leaks at the flanges, pinholes, and flat spots. that plus the o2 sensor usually ends up too far downstream to do its job properly. It doesn't belong in the collector.

Hope your cast iron manifolds are working good on your 00R, but I'm going to stick with headers, I guess I will pull one off and see what pattern it has. I will report on what fits and HP difference. :bash:

Bill Anderson

Established Member
Hello,

I am looking in doing the same thing, the 00R, ford gt and the 07/08 shelby 5.4's have a different exhaust bolt pattern than the standard 4v heads...BBK will sell you flanges for the 07-08 shelby 5.4, but they are not cheap...I am going to have mine cut on a water jet using exhaust manifold gaskets as a template...

Is the header flange the same bolt pattern as the 03-04 Cobra, Talking with Bassani and We don't know if they use the same flange pattern. What headers are you racers using?

Saleenrose

Established Member
Hello,

I am looking in doing the same thing, the 00R, ford gt and the 07/08 shelby 5.4's have a different exhaust bolt pattern than the standard 4v heads...BBK will sell you flanges for the 07-08 shelby 5.4, but they are not cheap...I am going to have mine cut on a water jet using exhaust manifold gaskets as a template...

Do you have both gaskets and have compared? I can talk to Bassani more.

Saleenrose

Established Member
If I was able to get a mid length header from Bassani, is there any interest, I may have take him my car. He made a set for the 03 Cobra that are step, 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 to 3" collector, He says on a 03 to have made 20rwhp.

roush24

Established Member
sounds about right. you may be a little less with no p/a

Bill Anderson

Established Member
If I was able to get a mid length header from Bassani, is there any interest, I may have take him my car. He made a set for the 03 Cobra that are step, 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 to 3" collector, He says on a 03 to have made 20rwhp.

Hello,

the bolt pattern is definately different....I would be interested in a set

regards

Bill A.

[email protected]

Saleenrose

Established Member
I have a message in With Bassani, I may take my Cobra R and have them use for prototype, We talked about that last year at the SVTOA event at Miller park. We made lunch for Daryl Bassani, my neighbors brother lives next door to him.

Users who are viewing this thread