00R Headers, What do you use?

KingSnakePro

Established Member
I have some heads very similar to the 00R's and was wondering what after market headers are the 2000R guys using?

If nothing I am going to get a custom header made but I want to see what is out there... THanks!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Host them somewhere else and use the IMG feature on this site to display here!! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

I'm real interested in this BTW!!!

Fourcam330

Established Member
I'm using custom headers built by Bart Tobener. I assume you're using '05 Ford GT heads?

cobraR #217

Established Member
00R headers

ac427cobra said:
Host them somewhere else and use the IMG feature on this site to display here!! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

I'm real interested in this BTW!!!

under sedan on this site

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I'm afraid to ask about cost?!?! :dw:

probably about as much as my cage!!! :cryying:

I am very interested to see what they did HP-wise :read:

Fourcam330

Established Member
NJ2000R said:
I'm afraid to ask about cost?!?! :dw:

probably about as much as my cage!!! :cryying:

I am very interested to see what they did HP-wise :read:

Right around $2000 for a quality set.

TimB

Established Member
Mark

They have not raced this season ,I think Neil is planning to get the car out in the next few weeks.Did you notice the size of the front brakes , they are 6 piston AP calipers and 370 mm rotors.My headers are similar to his 2 inch setup but are only 1 3/4 and mine have a different collector.

Tim

KingSnakePro

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I'm using custom headers built by Bart Tobener. I assume you're using '05 Ford GT heads?

I am thinking about getting some some Kooks custom's or have Gary Cook fab some up. Either way I am looking at some serious cash!

TimB

Established Member
Mark

They have not raced this season ,I think Neil is planning to get the car out in the next few weeks.Did you notice the size of the front brakes , they are 6 piston AP calipers and 370 mm rotors.My headers are similar to his 2 inch setup but are only 1 3/4 and mine have a different collector.

Tim

Fourcam330

Established Member
01' KING COBRA said:
I am thinking about getting some some Kooks custom's or have Gary Cook fab some up. Either way I am looking at some serious cash!

Yeah, they're not cheap but they're definitely necessary. Are you using '05 GT heads?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Fourcam330 said:
Right around $2000 for a quality set.

Well, if anybody is making a set for a 2000 Cobra "R" I'm in for sharing the expenses on having an additional set (or 2) made up!! :pepper:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
tbrown14 said:
Mark

Tim

Tim,

The first thing I saw was the AWESOME brakes. Where would someone buy these at?

TimB

Established Member
Gene

The rotors and calipers are all AP racing parts but Neil made up the rotor hats and caliper mounts himself.I can get you the part numbers for the AP parts if you like , but you would have to have someone fabricate and machine the hats and brackets.They also have a trick rear brake setup and still run the factory abs.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread