00R exhaut on 04 cobra questions

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
for the record my customer had this exhaust on his 03 cobra convertible, fit no problems, he bought the kit that included the headers. i just bought it off him before he sold his car to throw on my 98 GT with IRS. should sound sick. i dont know what im gunna do about the subframes though. and i agree about the IRS style exhaust looking good, it was one of the reasons i put the IRS in my car, but i do think the bassani side exhaust looks better, especially since my tips we just freshly chromed

Cool, thats what I wanted to here before buying it. I like the way the exaust looks going under the IRS and have polished mine. But I there are so many 03-04 cobras around I am trying to do some minor little things to changed the car up. The car does not have subframes, and it is stock pulley and I never race it so can live with that

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
alright, pictures for you. Got the exhaust done this morning...Kevin (my exhaust guy) didn't want to ruin the flow of the exhaust (because it's already bad enough being side exhaust) so he made a moon cut on my sub frames and rolled them. Car is still just as stiff as before.

(car is filthy underneath...sorry)
IMG00159.gif

And what it looks like up top (well, side)
sideskirts005.jpg

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I had the Bassani side exit on my 01 Cobra..it was a bitch to fit, I got the same "dunno" answers from Bassani, and it did bottom ever so often but not enough to bug me. It sounded GREAT and looked wonderful. I did get alot of compliments on the looks.

It did fit eventually though and the IRS didnt make any difference. I would buy again if I could find one used (too high new).

tjs98gt

Established Member
well, i TRIED to fit my bassani side exit on yesterday but NO WAY IN HELL with my subframe connectors, id have about 1 inch of ground clearance. however i am not giving up yet, i will have my buddy take a look and see if he can work something out for me.

firebird1999us

Established Member
Bassani still has these in production

just bought a set for my R through a local bassani dist...they also sell the complete kit which includes hanger for those who want to install them on a non-R mustang

for the 00R pn# 2KCR4S http://www.bassani.com/part/2KCR4S

for regular mustangs/cobras pn# 4699C4S http://www.bassani.com/part/4699C4S

Really?? Because when I called Bassani on two seperate occassions last fall they told me they no longer made those and they couldn't make the tips for me to go on a side exit system I was trying to put together at the time...so if they're still making them the guys I talked to were either not telling the truth then or are not telling the truth now?? Unless they put it back into production since I called??

I call them in a little bit and ask again though...

Last edited:

tjs98gt

Established Member
ok, so i brought it to my friends shop. id literally have to channel my subframes into my floorboards to fit the exhaust. not worth it IMO. sucks because i know once i let this bassani kit go ill never be able to find another one

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I had the Bassani side exit on my 01 Cobra..it was a bitch to fit, I got the same "dunno" answers from Bassani, and it did bottom ever so often but not enough to bug me. It sounded GREAT and looked wonderful. I did get alot of compliments on the looks.

It did fit eventually though and the IRS didnt make any difference. I would buy again if I could find one used (too high new).

Yeah I gave up on the idea, didnt want to run the 6 rear bumper. Spent the money on some CCW's:rolling: Thanks for the reply though. How you liking your mystic cobra. Have always loved them.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I love it bro. I shouldnt have ever sold my 03 with ghost flames to be honest. I had the damn thing all modded right and polished blower and all. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

TJS, what are you going to do with your side exit? I might know someone who will buy it and he is in PA near ya.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I love it bro. I shouldnt have ever sold my 03 with ghost flames to be honest. I had the damn thing all modded right and polished blower and all. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

TJS, what are you going to do with your side exit? I might know someone who will buy it and he is in PA near ya.

Yeah that was always one of my favorite cobras. But I like the mystic better, no need to do any custom paint work on it LOL

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Yeah that was always one of my favorite cobras. But I like the mystic better, no need to do any custom paint work on it LOL

I have had thoughts of some silver or blue ghost flames but I would probably get lynched by fellow siters if I did that. I might run a poll near April Fool's Day asking if I should flame a mystichrome...then I can always say I was only joking. :burnout:

tjs98gt

Established Member
the bassani kit will only work with IRS because its one central mounted muffler. if it was solid rear the driveshaft would hit it when the axle moved up and down

Users who are viewing this thread