00 Viper vs 03 Cobra....

NVR KNO

Z06 + SVT
Established Member
My roommates brother has a 00 Viper.... Catback only. He has been talking alot of crap since he got it saying how his car will smoke my 03 Cobra no matter what. Well here are my mods....

CAI
BBK Longtubes
Bassani xpipe
Bassani hi flo cats
Bassani catback
Stg IV ported eaton/plenum/tb
2.8 upper/4lb lower
4.10 gears
All supporting fuel mods

Shooting for 520-530rwhp, so.... In good weather of course.:-D

My vehicle is in the process of being tuned right now and his brother lives in Texas for the time being.... Military. He should be getting transferred back by me within the next month or so, but I was just wondering what you guys thought the outcome would be.... Thanx.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Edited- Didnt read where it said 00

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
You will take his lunch money if you can drive. It wont even be close if you get traction.

He is around 400whp at 3,500lbs abd you have about 120whp more and around 250lbs extra.

NVR KNO

Z06 + SVT
Established Member
You will take his lunch money if you can drive. It wont even be close if you get traction.

He is around 400whp at 3,500lbs abd you have about 120whp more and around 250lbs extra.

I consider my self a pretty good driver.... This definitely isnt my first "fast" car, so.... Ive had a few fbodies, a srt4, and now a z06.:coolman:

evo connevo

Established Member
There have been freaks though. Some have trapped 120+mph but usually around 116-118. I'd say you pull 4 cars until you run out of gear. How much do the 4:10's affect your mph in each gear and where does 4th run out to?

CobraRyan

Banned
You should pull out hard and he shouldnt be able to catch you. What do your 4th and 5th go to with 4.10's?

NVR KNO

Z06 + SVT
Established Member
Im sure you could take him. Those vipers arent all that

No, the 8.0s arent the most impressive ones.... But the new 8.4s are something else.

Although at the end of the race.... Hes still driving the Viper versus my Mustang!!!! Haha! So then Ill tell him, Ill just go home and get my Z06 then....:-D

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
No, the 8.0s arent the most impressive ones.... But the new 8.4s are something else.

Although at the end of the race.... Hes still driving the Viper versus my Mustang!!!! Haha! So then Ill tell him, Ill just go home and get my Z06 then....:-D

there you go....but lucky for him you dont need to pull out the z06 to beat him!

Users who are viewing this thread