00 Cobra R rear seat area

nekasrof

Established Member
I am interested in pictures of the rear seat area(yeah, I know it doesn't have one) and how SVT covered up the hole. I'm looking to duplicate that for weight saving reasons in an SCCA class. So, if any 00 R owners could take a few shots of the rear cover and how it attaches as well as the bottom cover, I'd appreciate it very much. Thank you in advance.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I dont have any pics, but it is simply Plastic push pins along the rear hump into existing holes, and velcro along the top shelf, below the rear window.

nekasrof

Established Member
They just used the carpet to cover the hole to the trunk?

What about the seat area? Did they do the same or was there a rigid material under the carpet?

I will need to get some pictures and print them out cause I'm gonna get protested when I finally do this. So it has to be as close as possible.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
The seat bottom area, it is kind of like the thin board you would see over the spare tire/under the carpet of a regular mustang.

The carpeting is adhered to that for the seat bottom, then the carpet simply goes up to the rear shelf, where it attaches the full length with velcro, with the other half/side of the velcro on the shelf part.

I hope I'm explaining this in an understandable way. :rockon:

nekasrof

Established Member
Got ya! All I need are some pictures of that and I'm good.

I'll conjure up some carpet from somewhere to match the interior and make that seat board and done. Oh, I'm assuming the seat board is held down some how.

I seriously appreciate the info. Thank you very much!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
the front edge, behind the front seats, there is a ridge from left to right, with the tranny hump in the middle, along this ridge there are some existing holes, 5 maybe, and the plastic push pins go thru the carpet/board, line up into these holes.

Get a few more posts, so you can send PM's. When you do, send a PM to STEVE121 here, i think he has an extra rear R seat delete that he might want to sell.

Last edited:

svtguy

Established Member
Got ya! All I need are some pictures of that and I'm good.

I'll conjure up some carpet from somewhere to match the interior and make that seat board and done. Oh, I'm assuming the seat board is held down some how.

I seriously appreciate the info. Thank you very much!

Pulled this off of ebay.

Paul.

nekasrof

Established Member
the front edge, behind the front seats, there is a ridge from left to right, with the tranny hump in the middle, along this ridge there are some existing holes, 5 maybe, and the plastic push pins go thru the carpet/board, line up into these holes.

Get a few more posts, so you can send PM's. When you do, send a PM to STEVE121 here, i think he has an extra rear R seat delete that he might want to sell.

Ok, great! Totally appreciated.

nekasrof

Established Member
Pulled this off of ebay.

Paul.

Awesome!!! That carpet/fabric is pretty loose. I guess guys just took it out when on the track. This opens up a whole 'nother issue. I COULD run with no backseat in ESP and it should be perfectly legal. Hmm........

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Ford didn't spend too much time making the rear seat delete look pretty. They intended for it to be removed anyway, for race use...

mv2s6w.jpg

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I think all of the original paperwork and stories from the day talk about the rear seat delete, it was no secret. Just show them any article from that time frame.

nekasrof

Established Member
I totally agree. Some folks are anal about rules and I've been protested before so when I can have documentation, that shuts them up. Since I hold all but 1 track record in our series in this class....it's a CYA thing.

last5liter

Established Member
looking at that picture, is that just one continuous piece of carpet from the leading edge of the bottom panel all the way up to the rear package tray where it is velcroed in place?

Also you can see the fasteners on the leading edge of the bottom board. Are there any other fasteners on that bottom board other then that leading edge?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Yes, it is one piece of carpet from the hump to the rear shelf.

There are no other push pins other than the ones you see.

And behind the vertical part of the carpet, there is nothing other than the metal edges of the body on the sides. The middle of the carpet does kind of just flop around loose.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
But at least there is a cool hiding spot under the bottom shelf, it's just tough to get too.

Users who are viewing this thread