0 to 70 MPH Video (this rules)

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Bring the Race Yum

Okay yum, drive over here to CA and I will race you in my trusty neighbor's Honda. It runs 19 second 1/4 miles with a trap speed of 72 mph. In good weather, it can achieve 5 second 60' times.

Here she is:
TrustyNeighbor2.JPG

And the car bears racing scars:
TrustyNeighbor4.JPG

Here my neighbor just changed out his racing oil and installed some lightweight skinny wheels in back for easier drifting:
TrustyNeighbor5.JPG

yum

Established Member
Re: Bring the Race Yum

Originally posted by wurd2
Okay yum, drive over here to CA and I will race you in my trusty neighbor's Honda. It runs 19 second 1/4 miles with a trap speed of 72 mph. In good weather, it can achieve 5 second 60' times.

your neighbor's honda runs better than your mach1? this is just getting better and better! LOL :lol:

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Like I said before yum, you just like f*ckin with people, you are a troll...keep dreamin about your pussy a$$ Tercel and quit making comments like a 5 yr old...i mean, your car even looks like it could be remote controlled...you would get your ass handed to by me and/or wurd2 anyday. End of discussion.

yum

Established Member
Originally posted by Ballistik8
Like I said before yum, you just like f*ckin with people, you are a troll...keep dreamin about your pussy a$$ Tercel and quit making comments like a 5 yr old...i mean, your car even looks like it could be remote controlled...you would get your ass handed to by me and/or wurd2 anyday. End of discussion.

Actually, it seems like you're the one who's all talk. I'm asking for the third time. When would you like to race?

yum

Established Member

Actually, it seems like you're the one who's all talk. I'm asking for the third time. When would you like to race?:bash:

Cal

Established Member
Yum, you seem to know nothing about cars at all. That isnt aluminum foil, its heat sheilding and is used on racecars. And btw, Aluminum has great heat dissipation qualities to it.

$20 says he gets killed trying to race hmmmidunno.

yum

Established Member
Originally posted by Cal
Yum, you seem to know nothing about cars at all. That isnt aluminum foil, its heat sheilding and is used on racecars. And btw, Aluminum has great heat dissipation qualities to it.

$20 says he gets killed trying to race hmmmidunno.

Do your research before you post here, Cal. You obviously don't know a thing about race cars. Aluminum has a specific heat of .215 cal/G*deg C. Water has a specific heat of 1.0 cal/G*deg C. That means water has 5 times the insulating capacity of aluminum.

Regarding your $20, I don't think it'd be prudent to put up your life savings in a street race. Especially when you're betting against me. :kaboom:

Cal

Established Member
Originally posted by yum
Do your research before you post here, Cal. You obviously don't know a thing about race cars. Aluminum has a specific heat of .215 cal/G*deg C. Water has a specific heat of 1.0 cal/G*deg C. That means water has 5 times the insulating capacity of aluminum.

Regarding your $20, I don't think it'd be prudent to put up your life savings in a street race. Especially when you're betting against me. :kaboom:

It seems YOU need to do your homework asshat. Why the f*ck do you think they make aluminum radiators? Why do you think most intercoolers are made from aluminum? Duh

And best of all, this is coming from a kid that is driving a Tercel :lol:

yum

Established Member
Originally posted by Cal
It seems YOU need to do your homework asshat. Why the f*ck do you think they make aluminum radiators? Why do you think most intercoolers are made from aluminum? Duh

And best of all, this is coming from a kid that is driving a Tercel :lol:

Dude, do you even know how a radiator works? The aluminum CONDUCTS the heat. The water/coolant ABSORBS the heat. Please don't comment on that which you don't even understand. You're wasting my time and are embarrassing yourself and Nike. :lol:

yum

Established Member
You drive a Tercel...enough said.

You're back for more, Ballistik? I thought you'd made a big enough fool of yourself already. If you want to insult my car, I suggest you:

(1) Get a car. A "Soon 2 Be" Mach1 isn't anything to be proud of. What are you doing on car forums when you don't even own a car? :idea:

(2) Be prepared to back up your words. I'm ready to race whenever you are, although I would suggest you get a car (see #1 above) first? :loser:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :coolman:

Cal

Established Member
Originally posted by yum
Dude, do you even know how a radiator works? The aluminum CONDUCTS the heat. The water/coolant ABSORBS the heat. Please don't comment on that which you don't even understand. You're wasting my time and are embarrassing yourself and Nike. :lol:

Dude, in order for the water to lose the heat it ABSORBS FROM THE ENGINE, it must lose it IN THE RADIATOR which gets cooled off from the air. The better heat disipation that the metal the radiator is made from, the cooler the water temp is when it re-enters the through engine.

Not like you would know. Your only a big-ego'd teen driving a Tercel. Your radiator is probably the size of a shoebox.

yum

Established Member
OMFG.. how stupid can you be? Do you just not understand what "conduct" means? You just re-stated EXACTLY what I said and proved MY point that aluminum conducts the heat while water absorbs it. Water is used as insulation, not aluminum, because water has the larger specific heat. Translation: it takes much more energy to heat water 1 degree C than it takes to heat aluminum 1 degree C. This makes water a MUCH better insulator than aluminum. Before you make your next post in this thread, go get an empty aluminum soda can, and a cup of room temperature water. Stick them both on the stove and see which one heats up quicker. GOOD DAY, SIR! :lol:

duece

Established Member
Nice vid just one question why shift so early does the heads on your dohc mach make a difference as compared to a cobra?Either way you have a real nice car and should be proud .

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Originally posted by duece
Nice vid just one question why shift so early does the heads on your dohc mach make a difference as compared to a cobra?Either way you have a real nice car and should be proud .

deuce, I think my engine peaks at 5800 rpm or so. It just felt like the right time to shift too. Thanks for your feedback.

Cal

Established Member
Originally posted by yum
OMFG.. how stupid can you be? Do you just not understand what "conduct" means? You just re-stated EXACTLY what I said and proved MY point that aluminum conducts the heat while water absorbs it.

Dude if you could read you would have read that I said that the radiator cools down the water. Now how the F**k can a HOT radiator cool down water? Tell me. That's right, you dont know. Your just proving your ignorance.

Water is used as insulation, not aluminum, because water has the larger specific heat. Translation: it takes much more energy to heat water 1 degree C than it takes to heat aluminum 1 degree C. This makes water a MUCH better insulator than aluminum. Before you make your next post in this thread, go get an empty aluminum soda can, and a cup of room temperature water. Stick them both on the stove and see which one heats up quicker. GOOD DAY, SIR! :lol:

Stick a peice of aluminum foil in the oven for about an hour then take it out. Wait about 15-20 seconds and you can touch it with your hand. If you did that with a peice of steel you'd get burned. And water holds heat alot longer too. Boil water for 20 minutes then after you take it off wait about 10 minutes. The water would still be hot. Dumbass.

Last edited:

Cal

Established Member
Re: Re: Toyota Tercel

Originally posted by yum
bf.jpg

before and after, baby. that make on the left was originally used by the KJB. it has the torque of a 747. still want to race? :coolman:

... that's what i thought. :lol:

Guys look at this. He actually thinks this is his car. "Before and After". Yeah, a hatchback that becoms a sedan :rollseyes . The funny thing is he probably made his car to look like this and he somehow thinks he would be as fast as one.

yum

Established Member
Originally posted by Cal

Stick a peice of aluminum foil in the oven for about an hour then take it out. Wait about 15-20 seconds and you can touch it with your hand. If you did that with a peice of steel you'd get burned. And water holds heat alot longer too. Boil water for 20 minutes then after you take it off wait about 10 minutes. The water would still be hot. Dumbass.

Please tell me you are not this dumb. Do you know what "insulate" means? Here's a definition from Merriam Webster for you:

Main Entry: in·su·late
Pronunciation: 'in(t)-s&-"lAt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -lat·ed; -lat·ing
Etymology: Latin insula
: to place in a detached situation : ISOLATE; especially : to separate from conducting bodies by means of nonconductors so as to prevent transfer of electricity, heat, or sound

AGAIN, you're proving *MY* point. As you said, aluminum has a low specific heat, and therefore undergoes heat changes much quicker than water. For that reason, aluminum is a good CONDUCTOR of heat, not an ABSORBER. It FACILITATES the transfer of heat, it doesn't PREVENT it (see definition above) which makes it a poor insulator.

OK, I'm done here. If you want to race, let me know. If you want to post here again, I suggest you learn a thing or two first. :kaboom:

Cal

Established Member
Originally posted by yum

AGAIN, you're proving *MY* point. As you said, aluminum has a low specific heat, and therefore undergoes heat changes much quicker than water. For that reason, aluminum is a good CONDUCTOR of heat, not an ABSORBER. It FACILITATES the transfer of heat, it doesn't PREVENT it (see definition above) which makes it a poor insulator.
:

Dude that's MY f*cking point. Stop turning things around.

I said that is why they make some radiators and intercoolers out of aluminum. They have good heat dissipating qualities.

Edit: You know what, maybe we were trying to prove the same point to each other the whole time lol.

Last edited:

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
There's no reason to even try to put any sense into this "yum" guys head, lets just end this forum now so he doesnt get any more pleasure out of trying to bash us......Oh yeah, and YUM...bring your ass to SMU where I go to school and I'll race your ass...why dont you just call me when you get here...ill be ready...talk IS cheap now isnt it...just because my vehicle says Soon2B Mach1 doesnt mean I dont have any other cars...it's just the one im most interested in right now. I can guarantee I will rip you a new @$$hole by the time we get done running...you will be crying all the way back home in your pussy @$$ import. If you want my number just holler back...ill be here, in my "Soon2BMach1"...later.

Users who are viewing this thread