0 to 70 MPH Video (this rules)

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I made yet another speedometer video, but instead I started from 0 and went to 70 mph. On my shift into 2nd gear, my wheels broke loose and the rear end of my car fished from right to left, back and forth. But with my dedication to my videos at the expense of my car, I stayed on the gas. You can see my speedometer jump to 55 mph in nothing flat.

Unless I'm miscounting my seconds, it looks as though I hit 60 mph somewhere around 4.5 seconds. I was thrilled after I made this run, and even more thrilled when I saw the video. Good thing the fishing didn't lead me into a tree! Enjoy everyone:

http://www.eleventeen.net/webpage/videos/Mach1-00to70.mpeg

EDIT: The video was converted to MPEG format.

Last edited:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Steeda Rules, Dallas Mustang Stinks

I keep forgetting to mention in my video posts that my SES light can be blamed on my Dallas Mustang MIL's. My Steeda MIL's should be here next week.

Also, I used a stopwatch to try and get an idea of how fast I am getting to 60 mph. It's hard to start and stop the watch accurately, but after a bunch of attempts by me and my friends, the run appears to be somewhere between 4.5 and 4.8 seconds.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Velcro Rules

modthispny,

I used a small strip of velcro to mount my camera to the steering wheel column. It worked great!

modthispny

Established Member
Awesome. Thx..you got quite the performer there. Awesome car, gotta love them. Have you tried taking your wing off?

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Black Wing

modthispny,

The wing is there to stay. I like the black and white contrast it creates. Pretty soon I will have some black bullitt wheels for even more contrast.

I really don't like the Mach1's with no Mach1 wing. I hope I don't ever see any Mach1's with an enormous rice wing.

GregMatty

Established Member
Do you really think his Mach was still spinning it's tires at 60mph? I have ridden with folks who can get a pretty good chirp on the 1-2 upshift, but I haven't seen anyone who can keep them spinning in the dry???

Greg

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
nice vid, sounded nice with the tires spinning, but is that what the dash of a mach looks like?

IMO, it could use some brightning up.

No bashing and don't want to offend. Just doesn't really appeal to me..

Nice vid lets see you take down some cars..:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread