0-60 and LC

huggytree

Established Member
has anyone gotten into the 3's???

i find it shocking that 4.1 is the best.......i would have expected getting 3.8 or 3.9 would be pretty typical after several tries...

the TC on my Challenger is amazing.....i could get 4.5 second 0-60's all day long.....i think i got a 4.8 on my first try... .worst ever was a 5.1 and that was with lots of wheel spin.....the Challenger wont lose traction unless you totally just floor it off the line...if you ease it down the car just goes....rarely even a chirp into 2nd....and i dont have the F1's...i have the GSA's

ill be depressed if i can barely beat my 392 with an extra 194 hp and 300lbs less weight

Lawrenzo

Established Member

i find it shocking that 4.1 is the best.......i would have expected getting 3.8 or 3.9 would be pretty typical after several tries...

the TC on my Challenger is amazing.....i could get 4.5 second 0-60's all day long.....i think i got a 4.8 on my first try... .worst ever was a 5.1 and that was with lots of wheel spin.....the Challenger wont lose traction unless you totally just floor it off the line...if you ease it down the car just goes....rarely even a chirp into 2nd....and i dont have the F1's...i have the GSA's

ill be depressed if i can barely beat my 392 with an extra 194 hp and 300lbs less weight

And that's with a 255 rear tire:??:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Lol, you guys are funny. If you don't think being a full second slower in just 1000' is significant, then you don't understand performance at all. The Dodge is a dog compared to the Shelby. Just spend some time with the car before you get all "depressed" about it. :beer:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure some of the higher mileage guys have better times.

I've tried 7 or 8 times, worst of almost 6 lol

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member

Huggytree, I guess you should just get rid of the GT500. It's obviously not as fast as your challenger. Oh, by the way, the built in timer is not accurate, and I doubt that the timer in the challenger is either. Not to mention its an auto. You should spend some more time in the Shelby before making anymore ignorant comments about it.

GT500wantabe

Established Member
My Corvette with stock tires, CAI, headers and tune ran a 3.27 0-60 mph time.

1.804 60' time
4.849 330'
7.315 1/8 mile

Don't know if this spread sheet will load but I'll try. If you have a time slip you can calculate your 0-60 mph time.

Copy of 0-60Accel - cannot post it on this forum. If anybody wants it PM me with your email address.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I don't have an issue, it was 50 degrees, 1st run with. LC, 4.7 with massive wheel spin. On the street, not a preped track.

Sent from the GT500

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
My Corvette with stock tires, CAI, headers and tune ran a 3.27 0-60 mph time.

1.804 60' time
4.849 330'
7.315 1/8 mile

Don't know if this spread sheet will load but I'll try. If you have a time slip you can calculate your 0-60 mph time.

Copy of 0-60Accel

Based on formulas and calculators my car ran a 0-60 in 3.33 bone stock, if you are using track times.

I don't know how much I trust calculations like that, and like yours.

Wallace Racing -Calculate how fast your car goes 0 - 60 mph

GT500wantabe

Established Member

1TUF14SHELBY

Established Member
Although I won't get my 14 until this Friday, and considering I haven't tested the Track Apps, I suspect Iceman is correct and the accelerometer/timer is off by more than you'd think if literally no one can run in the 3's. I've got the "Dynolicious" app on my iPhone which seems close on the handful of times I've used on my G37 and 05 GT (maybe slow by a tenth or so when properly calibrated and mounted) so pay up the $$$ for the app and try that alongside the track app for comparison.

NametoShowOther

Established Member
was there not a post about how inaccurate the track apps times were - has anyone compared the 1/4 mile time to the track time slip?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, I started that (or at least one of them) thread.

I don't think the 0-60 ap is off that far though. I managed a 4.1 and know there's more on the table based on the launch.

You have to remember that a PERFECT time is 3.5 and I know for a fact I'm not a superb driver, especially with this power yet.

Kind of reminds me of how everyone (figuratively) expects to run exactly manufacturer claims their first time at the strip, but fail to realize it takes a flawless launch and pass to run that time.... Not that I went 14.5 with 4.10s and an exhaust as my best pass the first time out in my '99... :)

rwboring

Established Member
Huhhhh??

My Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 will hit 60 in 4.3 seconds which was recorded by the built in timer. I thought the GT500's would dip well into the 3's :shrug:

come on guys... first off the jeep is AWD, for instance my GCSRT would pull sub 2.0 60' all day long... and I mean like 1.8's, vs a rwd car with over 200 more horses at the wheels... don't forget the auto vs manual also, its pretty easy to smash one pedal down.

on the challenger temp would matter but you also have to keep in mind the horsepower at the wheels is a whole different ball game (and the auto factor again). I used to have a 2-valve 4.6 that could get a faster 60ft then I can with the 13gt500... its hard to tame that power with such small and slick shoes! (especially on the street)

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I imagine going easier on the GT500 at launch would yield better times. Most people probably give it too much beans when they are excited! I'm going to try several runs this w/e.

SVTKen

Established Member
As some others have already said, the built-in timer simply isn't that accurate, so don't get hung up on those times. All that matters are the real track times you get at the strip. You can extrapolate a much more accurate 0-60 mph time by simply using your timeslips. Who really cares about the 0-60 mph anyway? You aren't even finished with first gear at that speed. It's kind of like worrying about the 0-60 mph of a top fuel dragster. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread