0-60 and LC

my13Elenor

Established Member
Has anyone been able to achieve the 3.5 second 0-60? If so how? After 3 tries at different RPM'S I've sadly only went 4.7 seconds, it just shreds the tires to redline and I end up shifting to second before reaching 60. Any advice?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I've only messed with it once and got a 4.3 0-60. It was in Mode 1 so it was without LC and in colder temps. I havn't played with it much since that first time but plan to do all the track tests once we get some decent weather around here.

huggytree

Established Member
did you heat the tires up first?

i havent tried mine yet, but am excited to use launch control.....

my Challenger has no launch control and is an automatic...ive gotten 0-60 in 4.3 seconds without the tires even chirping....sounds like if we raced is stomp on you with 470 hp

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

my Challenger has no launch control and is an automatic...ive gotten 0-60 in 4.3 seconds without the tires even chirping....sounds like if we raced is stomp on you with 470 hp

difference between a buttload of torque with a manual as oppossed to less power and an automatic= easier to launch

He would catch you during second and walk you

my13Elenor

Established Member

my Challenger has no launch control and is an automatic...ive gotten 0-60 in 4.3 seconds without the tires even chirping....sounds like if we raced is stomp on you with 470 hp[/QUOTE

:rockon:Until I hit second then I would wave bye bye

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

Why would you say that when you're 0-60 is no better than the initial experimentation of anyone else? :shrug:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I've played with a couple modes myself, generally in the mid-high 4's, had a best of 4.1

dotmpeg

Established Member

How far ya racing there buddy?

huggytree

Established Member
How far ya racing there buddy?

i would race him exactly until 60 mph....then id stop and call myself the winner (of course)...before he hit 2nd

from the very limited amount ive actually driven my gt500 i know it would totally spank my 392 challenger from 60+.....the challenger dies out some while the gt500 is just getting started

huggytree

Established Member
Why would you say that when you're 0-60 is no better than the initial experimentation of anyone else? :shrug:

im pretty consitant w 4.3-4.5 second range with my Challenger...he said the best he got was 4.7......thats why i said that

im sure its all about the weather....that the true response we all should be giving

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
im pretty consitant w 4.3-4.5 second range with my Challenger...he said the best he got was 4.7......thats why i said that

im sure its all about the weather....that the true response we all should be giving

Yeah, wait until you've had a chance to take your Shelby out in warm weather. I know you got it in the middle of a snowstorm and havn't had a chance to really run it yet. Have you run the Dodge in the quarter yet? I watched a SRT Challenger run at the 1000' track the other day and he was running 10.9's. My best time was a full sec faster at 9.9.

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
Little burn out LC on normal my best is 4.1 my cars a covert I have practiced lots took me 20 tries or more to get low 4's

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I know I posted already, but I'll throw this out there,

My best 4.1 has been with no burnout, LC on, advance track on sport (don't know the Mode # that combination means) and a launch around 3500 rpm.

Lawrenzo

Established Member
Huhhhh??

My Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 will hit 60 in 4.3 seconds which was recorded by the built in timer. I thought the GT500's would dip well into the 3's :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread