0:02 / 13:11 Exclusive First 1/4 Mile: 2023 Corvette Z06 *New World Record*

89BIRD

Established Member
Take it to a PTR at MIR in November........10.2 @134 all day and claim its driver mod. :ROFLMAO:

6.0GTO

Established Member
I have really lost the plot with terminology. Too old. If she backed up a 10.51 with a 10.52 is just the first run a glory run or both? She is annoying to the core. If Chevy insisted on a woman running the press car they should of given the Vette to Alex Taylor.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Crazy part is it’s really not faster than the old z06, especially from a roll. And the c7zr1 would destroy it in probably every single category.

Not trying to hate on it, but Chevy did not do enough to make this car look different than the stingray. A fast and furious wing isn’t enough.

Dusten

Established Member
I have really lost the plot with terminology. Too old. If she backed up a 10.51 with a 10.52 is just the first run a glory run or both? She is annoying to the core. If Chevy insisted on a woman running the press car they should of given the Vette to Alex Taylor.

Whether you thinks she's annoying is irrelevant. She has a huge following and it's growing all the time. Gm knows where the draws at.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
She may be annoying but she’s prob wrenched on more cars than you and also has gone 8s in her C8. Give her some respect.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Crazy part is it’s really not faster than the old z06, especially from a roll. And the c7zr1 would destroy it in probably every single category.

Not trying to hate on it, but Chevy did not do enough to make this car look different than the stingray. A fast and furious wing isn’t enough.
Every stock C7 Z06 I’ve seen has run in the 11s. The C8 Z06 would demolish the C7 Z06 at the drag strip stock for stock.

The C7 ZR1 would be behind the C8 Z06 for the entire 1/4 mile and maybe (can’t say I’ve ever seen a stock ZR1 run 10.5) catch it at the end. Now hot lap these two cars and see who wins in a best of 5. The C8 Z06 just set the bar for fastest N/A American car and top Vette, like it or not.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Some of you guys need to reset your expectations a bit. This isn't a turbo car. This isn't a vacuum cleaner. Mid 10's @ 130ish all motor in not optimum conditions is darn impressive.

Just to put things in perspective, Ford's new GT isn't any quicker.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Every stock C7 Z06 I’ve seen has run in the 11s. The C8 Z06 would demolish the C7 Z06 at the drag strip stock for stock.

The C7 ZR1 would be behind the C8 Z06 for the entire 1/4 mile and maybe (can’t say I’ve ever seen a stock ZR1 run 10.5) catch it at the end. Now hot lap these two cars and see who wins in a best of 5. The C8 Z06 just set the bar for fastest N/A American car and top Vette, like it or not.
I ran 10.5@135mph in my bone stock zr1 with stock tires. I'm sure i posted it on here somewhere. if that car is trapping 126-128 on average it aint beating the zr1.

i'm pretty sure the zr1 stock record is 10.1 or possibly lower. and the stock z06 record is mid 10s as well...i'll post videos if i find them

5.0 Hatch

Established Member

I think people are missing the fact that this is a N/A car.

Trap speeds I've personally seen for stock z cars
c5z = 117mph
c6z = 124mph
c7z = 127mph
c8z = obviously never seen one in person but apparently 130ish

I would think a c7 zr1 would be significantly faster than 130mph.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I ran 10.5@135mph in my bone stock zr1 with stock tires. I'm sure i posted it on here somewhere. if that car is trapping 126-128 on average it aint beating the zr1.

i'm pretty sure the zr1 stock record is 10.1 or possibly lower. and the stock z06 record is mid 10s as well...i'll post videos if i find them

Just wait for the the E-Ray/ZR1 then if absolute speed is your bag.

ArabianOak

Established Member
not trying to be a PIA but people were expecting more, including me. im sure it's a great car but it's not competing with current stuff as well as it could...these cars might be selling for 200k after dealer markup...are you picking this over mclaren 570? audi r8v10 plus? used 911 turbo s? just playing devils advocate...

i know it will sell out and be a hot item...so my opinion doesnt really matter.

Users who are viewing this thread