Stalling on decel/braking with clutch in

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Maybe some good news now ??

clocked the MAF from 12 o'clock to the 10 o'clock position and it cleared the hood liner better to.

Last edited:

sho95

Established Member
Well after 8 weeks of trying this and that like , raising tps voltage twice , adjusting throttle body butterfly, replacing IAC, raisng dash pot in tune , Setting rolling idle to 1500 rpm's ( bad Idea IMHO constant cruise) , and now replacing TPS sensor and retuning it ,
there is a good possibility that the problem is solved maybe.
I drove it some today but so much rain it was hard but the rpm's never dipped or surged and the throttle response was better and normaly it either surges or dies when clutch is depressed in same amount of time as before.
When he retuned this a/m the car came in 10 hp higher than the 1st tune as well so thats a good thing.
I will drive it alot more in the next week and post more on it.
If I post fast its definatly not good LOL

PS, Also I clocked the MAF from 12 o'clock to the 10 o'clock position and it cleared the hood liner better to.

Thanks for the update as I am in need of a cure

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
since the new TPS and reclocking of my MAF, everything seems to be fixed "so far" ,
No stalling and the idle is much more stable as well but another week or 2 will tell the story IMO.

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
since the new TPS and reclocking of my MAF, everything seems to be fixed "so far" ,
No stalling and the idle is much more stable as well but another week or 2 will tell the story IMO.

Any update chopps? I went again today and had them check again to make sure my car had the current flash and it did. Has anyone messed with any of the solenoids on the drivers side of the blower?

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Any update chopps? I went again today and had them check again to make sure my car had the current flash and it did. Has anyone messed with any of the solenoids on the drivers side of the blower?

Last edited:

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
Thats good to hear someone is making some progress. Can you go into detail about what exactly it is you did to the tps? Did you rerplace it? How/what did you set the voltage at?

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Thats good to hear someone is making some progress. Can you go into detail about what exactly it is you did to the tps? Did you rerplace it? How/what did you set the voltage at?

:)

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
When I had my car tuned yesterday my tuner said if my stall still existed after 24 hours to just slightly turn the stop screw to open up the throttle plate a little bit so that the IAC wouldn't have to work as hard. He said not much just a small turn on the screw. What do ya'll think? I don't want to do something to mess up my idle.

hpim0164.jpg

MustangThief

Established Member
Haven't been in this thread in awhile...

Well, as far as I can tell, from my original issue, it is a learned behavior.

I have tried uploading my same tune and it does fix the issue for about a week, sometimes more. Then it starts again.

Because of nice ohio weather, i haven't been able to drop my car back off at the tuner to have him rebuild my tune on the new code.. but... from what i've concluded. This is definitely the car learning something bad, because it does go away from just re-uploading my same tune on the car fresh.

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
I replaced my IAC about a month ago for the 3rd time and gave the stop screw 1 round to bump the butterfly open a hair. My car was dying most of the time up until i did this (about every 2nd or 3rd stop). For the first time in nearly 10 months, my car isnt dying any more. I still notice a surge from time to time when coming to a stop, but it hasn't died since i replaced the IAC this time. If you plan on opening the butterfly some, get a small pair of vice grips ready, that stop is a threaded stud with ford blue loc-tite on it. If i weren't about to put a whipple on, i would have completely removed the stud and put a bolt in its place.

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
My car all of a sudden started doing it last week so I replaced my FRPS and put a KB disc in. After 2 days of perfect driving it just did it 4 times while I was driving it. The idle would dip way down when coming to a stop and to be honest I'm afraid to drive the car. There doesn't seem to be a for sure fix of this problem? The previous owner of my car gave me all of the reciepts for EVERYTHING and as I was looking through I found a work order sheet from a ford dealership in Kansas. The car had something like 4k miles and was bone stock.

I have an SCT Maf with a JLT intake so I can't turn the maf because it is bolted to the intake. Also, the car was tuned with the Maf on it so I have no idea why all of a sudden it would start doing this. Talk about aggrivating.

K-Dubb

Established Member
I am having this issue as well. It has happened twice since i bought the car over a month ago. It has only happened at night when decelerating and on the brakes and the clutch after a WOT burst. The previous owner says my tune has the fix in it, and is tuned for the MAF in the position that it is in on my JLT RAI. Does turning the bolt on the TB seem to be the fix?

Jroc

Established Member
Does turning the bolt on the TB seem to be the fix?

Kind of but if you don't know what your doing don't mess with it. The point behind it is to make the motor hang more when you let off the throttle. Take it to a reputable tuner and have them look it. If they know what they are doing then they will be able to tell that you already have the programing on your car thats suppose to cure the stalling out issue. That programming is suppose to make the engine hang more instead of letting the RPM's drop to fast which will result in stalling out. Atleast thats how I understood it.

The programming didn't work in my cars case and I don't really know what I did to fix it. It was kind of wierd. I changed my spark plugs, put a new IAC on it and modded my K&N to mount the MAF at a 10 o'clock position, and disconnected my negitive battery cable to let the PCM reset itself(actually I disconnected it before changing my spark plugs, but you get what I'm saying). Anyway my car continued to stall so I decided since it wasn't working to put my MAF back to where it was, because thats what I had it tuned for. Then I took the negitive cable off the battery so that it would reset itself back again and that seemed to cure it for the most part. IDK why. Every once and awhile my car will stall out though, but its hardly ever.

Last edited:

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I have stock tune & pully in an 03 & every once and a while the car just turns off after a hard pull than put in neutral.

Last edited:

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I have stock tune & pully in an 03 & every once and a while the car just turns off after a hard pull than put in neutral.

Jroc

Established Member
Same problem here bone stock also.

If your stock then take it to a tuner and have him tune it with the Ford program to get rid of the stall written in it. If you've done that already and it still stalls does it just kind of do it in the cold? My cars stall manifest itself in the cold weather. One thing that seems to help is if you know your about to have to stop then left off the throttle and let the car start to cost down a little by itself a few moments before you compress the clutch petal and brake.

Users who are viewing this thread