Seen one in person

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Miata Love said:
The point wasn't about t-tops.

And is the Bullit anything more than a Mustang GT with DHG paint? I bet it's not.

Actually it's called a ripoff. They're selling you a regular Mustang GT with some stickers as a special edition for a 7k premium. Anyone who buys one is an assclown plain and simple.

GO research the last Bullitt, then speak.

Miata Love

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
GO research the last Bullitt, then speak.

I know what it came with. A special intake that added a questionable 5hp, different brakes, suspension, c pillar covers, diff rocker covers, old looking seat covers, old looking gauges, a special shift knob and dark hyland green paint (although some came blue and black also). Maybe some other tack on plastic bullshit I'm missing. The performance was equal to a regular GT and damned if you could tell them apart in looks but they still charged 5-7k more for the Bullit. That was pretty bad but with Tang running the show now it's gonna be much worse in 08. You'll be lucky if he even puts the badges on it.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Miata Love said:
I know what it came with. A special intake that added a questionable 5hp, different brakes, suspension, c pillar covers, diff rocker covers, old looking seat covers, old looking gauges, a special shift knob and dark hyland green paint (although some came blue and black also). Maybe some other tack on plastic bullshit I'm missing. The performance was equal to a regular GT and damned if you could tell them apart in looks but they still charged 5-7k more for the Bullit. That was pretty bad but with Tang running the show now it's gonna be much worse in 08. You'll be lucky if he even puts the badges on it.

Actually performance was quite a bit better than the regular GT, but hey, you like talking shit, so keep on going... by all means.

Anyone with half a clue could tell a Bullitt from a GT.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Hey, don't knock Miatafrea...errr Miata Love.
hE Is SO SMaRT tHaT hE CAn EVeN cOmMeNT On pROdUctS tHaT hAVeN't eVEn maDE pROdUcTiOn yEt. :lol1:
I would suggest he see a shrink for anger management, but I think he'll never get over the day his "friend" dumped his butt for someone who drove a Ford. Makes him/her/it a bitter person. :p

Anyway, PSNOUS, thanks alot for your insights & info on the upcoming models, we are all drooling with anticipation (excepting 2 haters who hang out here), and this is good stuff. :beer:

Now, about the Boss & Mach1... :burnout:

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
crispy23c said:
Now, about the Boss & Mach1... :burnout:

What could be the distinction between a Boss & Mach 1? Might one have IRS? I'd guess the Mach 1 might be an Fe block 5.4 4v NA, still with stick axle, and shaker scoop. The Boss - traditionally the "street killer" (at least the 302 was) might have the Al 4.6 block with 4v heads, very similar to the engine from the current '03-'04 Mach 1, and the finished IRS suspension.

The Mach 1 would then be a "cheaper" GT500 (essentially GT500 - blower + shaker), and the Boss would be the true handler of the bunch (and maybe even 01L2 would be happy with it).

Another question - the 2000 R - what was it's 5.4 block made of? Fe or Al? If Al, where did that block come from?

Jpjr

Established Member
great news on the shelby sighting. i'm very happy to hear about big tires and big brakes. those types of things will be noticeable improvements from the '03.

and the c/s or bullitt is nothing specific to mustangs.. ford does it with all their cars. it's called mercury. nothing to piss and moan about.. no likey no buy ;)

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
eichisama said:
Another question - the 2000 R - what was it's 5.4 block made of? Fe or Al? If Al, where did that block come from?

I believe it was aluminum not cast Iron! Fe , I haven't seen that since High school, and that was a long time ago for me! LOL
On a side note, I think Ford is looking at an 5.4 NA for the Boss and Mach. I'd like to see a 03/04 Cobra motor in one, that would be a screamer!

Tim

Tank5879

Established Member
I should buy a mazdaspeed miata, cause they slapped a turbo on it and its got 40 horses more than a regular miata... which, BTW is the definiton of automotive perfection. they produced these cars stricly for the sports car fanatic, and made the miata not to make a "quick buck" but to lose money, after all, they are in business to engineer and build cars at a loss, and do everything that their customers want and with no concern for profits.

You are unbelieveable.If you hate HTT and ford this much than stay the f%&k out. Isthere anyway to ban this bastard, or make it so you must have a valid SVT vin to me a member? this is getting retarded :cuss:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
They have been banned almost all day. I think we can stop bashing them now. Let's get back to car talk and away from go-kart talk.

Milstang

Established Member
:lol:

Yes, let's get back to the subject of real cars. I'm glad to hear about the bigger brakes and wheels as well. If you can, could you look inside to see if the dash is leather and the seats are different from the standard ones found from the V6 on up please?

:)

Captain Beyond

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
They have been banned almost all day. I think we can stop bashing them now. Let's get back to car talk and away from go-kart talk.

+1 :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread