BAP/Wiring Upgrade Installation Directions

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
danny03cobra said:
great write up! i will be installing the BAp this weekend. Are all the wiring up grade kits the same? The label on the bag of mine reads STREETWIRES 06203
No, there are now other wiring upgrade kits on the market. They are essentially the same, but you just need to keep to the pin #'s when doing the specific wiring form the adapter plug.

danny03cobra

Established Member
IronTerp said:
No, there are now other wiring upgrade kits on the market. They are essentially the same, but you just need to keep to the pin #'s when doing the specific wiring form the adapter plug.

will do, thanks for the help bro!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
danny03cobra said:
the install was much easier than i thought, but how do you check if its working?

several ways. generally speaking, most people say that their cars fuel pumps sound a lot louder when they 1st turn their key half-way, and the fuel pumps turn on for a brief second.

the easiest formal way to check this, is to data log your fuel pump duty cycle (FPDC) using your SCT software (hopefully you have an SCT handheld tuner and a laptop). if you log the duty cycle with the BAP turned to the zero setting while the car idles, and then turn the BAP to the max setting, you should see the FPDC decrease.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
:pop: execellent write up i helped a friend do a wire upgrade i will be doing this on my car real soon thanks :beer:

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
-Run the Red 8 awg into the trunk and to a location where it can be spliced with the (White or Yellow) wire from the Wiring Upgrade Adapter Plug (PIN 87). Solder and shrink wrap these two wires.

This doesn't make any sense. What's the point of running 8awg wire if you're going to splice it into 10awg wire?

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
How hard is it to solder? I've spliced wire once or twice but never soldered.

Not hard, but practice on some spare wire first.

RGrossman

Established Member
What does the adapter plug look like? I need to install my BAP before hitting the dyno but kept getting thrown off by the reference the to the adapter plug. I didnt see anything like that in my kit, only alot of wire, tube connectors and a relay.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Well, you know THIS is one of the great things about these Terminators.......Just a bunch of bolt ons and we're running 10's!!! May seem like the modifications never end, but by and large, most of them are very do-able installs. Once you do the BAP and wire upgrade one time, you say to yourself: "wow, this was a lot easier than I thought it was gonna be!".....
yea i was sweatting it hard but when we finshed it i was like dam thats it :beer:

TRBO VNM

RGrossman said:
What does the adapter plug look like? I need to install my BAP before hitting the dyno but kept getting thrown off by the reference the to the adapter plug. I didnt see anything like that in my kit, only alot of wire, tube connectors and a relay.

there is a harness with connector that plugs onto the relay. it has 5 wires coming off it, may be 4 wires, but it makes connecting to the relay very easy instead of using spade connectors or soldering to the relay terminals.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
This looks like cake! Im used to running wire. If i already have power wire ran and have a huge distro, im sure I can just use that and put a 40 A fuse in there for the power right?

TRBO VNM

RGrossman said:
I must be missing that part of my kit then. I will contact LFP.

ah, well I was talking about the Lethal Performance wire upgrade kit. I don't know about the LFP one. sorry.

93SVT#18

Established Member
Does anyone have updated instructions to work with the lethal bap. These wires are not quite the same. There is no fused and un fused wire. Both are red and have no fuses. Asuming that the larger red wire should be the fused wire?

Users who are viewing this thread