BAP/Wiring Upgrade Installation Directions

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
Worked like a charm.
Just an FYI ignore the big Brownish ground wire in the trunk dropping down from the rear deck, I believe that car had an amp or something in it. I had to look at it twice when I noticed I didnt have one of those. Also in a Vert the BAP doesnt quite fit well in the same spot, so I put mine on the flat area floor below the Bundle of wires. It sits flat and seemed to be a good location.
:Thumbs up on the write up.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
QWKRN U said:
Worked like a charm.
Just an FYI ignore the big Brownish ground wire in the trunk dropping down from the rear deck, I believe that car had an amp or something in it. I had to look at it twice when I noticed I didnt have one of those. Also in a Vert the BAP doesnt quite fit well in the same spot, so I put mine on the flat area floor below the Bundle of wires. It sits flat and seemed to be a good location.
:Thumbs up on the write up.
Thanks QWK..... I actually installed mine on that flat area as well, but the majority of folks seem to prefer the location that's in the first pic.

newcastle

IronTerp said:
7) In the trunk of your Terminator, disconnect the harness plug that goes into the FPDM and peel back the tape and loom on the harness for approximately 8". Locate the Green/Yellow wire in the harness and cut this wire so that you have equal length of it on both ends. (This is for attaching the BAP before the FPDM! To attach it after the FPDM, you will need to locate and cut the Brown/Pink wire.)

Should the boost a pump be attached before the FPDM or after? The KB directions only mention the Brown/Pink wire in their instructions, and not the Green/Yellow wire. Which is correct?

IronTerp

The VAST majority of the fellas wire the BAP in before the FPDM. Some of the heavy hitters (625+RWHP) have wired it post-FPDM.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
If i already have the BAP in, how long do you think it will take to install the wire upgrade? And have you done fuel lines?

IronTerp

C H I N I said:
If i already have the BAP in, how long do you think it will take to install the wire upgrade? And have you done fuel lines?
To take your time and do it right, I'd say about 90 minutes. Running the line back to the trunk isn't difficult, but you'll have to do some re-soldering of the BAP wires and the wires from the upgrade kit adapter plug.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
Damn!!!

I am so sick of installing stuff that its getting unreal. I think all companies should come out with easy plug in and go. I am seriously thinking about selling the cobra and upgrading to viper or c6 z06 just to get away from the installs. lol

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
C H I N I said:
Damn!!!

I am so sick of installing stuff that its getting unreal. I think all companies should come out with easy plug in and go. I am seriously thinking about selling the cobra and upgrading to viper or c6 z06 just to get away from the installs. lol

Yeah, then you'll be pulling apart that car and adding stuff too! Once the mod bug bites, it never lets go!

IronTerp

C H I N I said:
Damn!!!

Well, you know THIS is one of the great things about these Terminators.......Just a bunch of bolt ons and we're running 10's!!! May seem like the modifications never end, but by and large, most of them are very do-able installs. Once you do the BAP and wire upgrade one time, you say to yourself: "wow, this was a lot easier than I thought it was gonna be!".....

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Well, you know THIS is one of the great things about these Terminators.......Just a bunch of bolt ons and we're running 10's!!! May seem like the modifications never end, but by and large, most of them are very do-able installs. Once you do the BAP and wire upgrade one time, you say to yourself: "wow, this was a lot easier than I thought it was gonna be!".....
haha yea i am doing it later tonight. 4 days ago i told myself i was done modding the car, and yesterday i bought another 500 dollars in parts. LOL i need to stop before i have nothing left in my banks.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
How do you print this write-up without it cutting off the ends on the right margin? I do the print version up at the top under tools but it still cuts it off.

getusum

idiot inside
Established Member
Great write up! One thing you may want to change is:
when you go post FPDM you need to swap the input and outputs to allow it to work.

Solder/shrink wrap the the following wires:

- Connect the brown/pink wire (PIN 86) from the Wiring Upgrade Adapter Plug to the Green/Yellow wire from the connector side of the FPDM..

-Connect the Non-fused Red wire form the BAP to the brown/pink wire from
FPDM wire harness.

:beer:

danny03cobra

Established Member
great write up! i will be installing the BAp this weekend. Are all the wiring up grade kits the same? The label on the bag of mine reads STREETWIRES 06203

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I need to redo mine. I just used butt connectors on everything. I need to go back and solder everything.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread