Bug Out Gear

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm single so I pretty much just have to defend myself and my dog. I have gear to protect me and get me by but I'm probably gonna be a scavenger.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I feel you need to use reverse logic. The question is what do you need in a go-bag to join the rest of us when the time comes? Don’t “bug out” and run when whatever problem arises. The problem will not be dealt with if everyone runs for the proverbial hills. You’re just separating from the herd and an easier target sometime in the future. Organize, resist, and defend.
Oh yeh, that's when the fun begins. I'd set up a camp of sorts. I have CBs and GMSR. I would rally up with my group.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure this thread is from 6 years ago.

Honestly, if you have the manpower, and the weapons/munitions, you don’t need to store up anything to last more than a few weeks.

Find a farm, take it.
Go to a grocery store, take it.
Someone fishing? Take it.

“Bug out gear” is great to plan for based on societal rules.

Once shit hits the fan, that fan done turned off. New rules.

Would I make it in a world of shit turned upside down? I don’t know, maybe.

Would I want to live for 30 years in that? Probably not, but I’ll set my boys up a little bit.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
There comes a point where you really have to decide do I just hunker down or move somewhere.

Unless there are incredibly extreme conditions, I’d vote for hunker down at your house. I’d only leave the house if it was absolutely, without question, needed.

Even then, I’d look to commandeer another structure for shelter.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I know where the liberals in my neighborhood live if I have a need to commandeer anything :D

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Pretty sure this thread is from 6 years ago.

Honestly, if you have the manpower, and the weapons/munitions, you don’t need to store up anything to last more than a few weeks.

Find a farm, take it.
Go to a grocery store, take it.
Someone fishing? Take it.

“Bug out gear” is great to plan for based on societal rules.

Once shit hits the fan, that fan done turned off. New rules.

Would I make it in a world of shit turned upside down? I don’t know, maybe.

Would I want to live for 30 years in that? Probably not, but I’ll set my boys up a little bit.

That's sort of my thoughts on it. Not that it is bad to plan for a worst case scenario, and have a successful plan at that, but most people that have plans are probably going to watch those plans fall apart in the first few minutes or hours. Really depends on the emergency obviously, but if you assume it's worst case of complete chaos and destruction then there's likely going to be tons of casualties and a lot of gear and supplies loaded up in vehicles and houses.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
That's sort of my thoughts on it. Not that it is bad to plan for a worst case scenario, and have a successful plan at that, but most people that have plans are probably going to watch those plans fall apart in the first few minutes or hours. Really depends on the emergency obviously, but if you assume it's worst case of complete chaos and destruction then there's likely going to be tons of casualties and a lot of gear and supplies loaded up in vehicles and houses.
Realistically, population centers are going to be absolute end of the world nightmares.

From there, medium to small city populations will suffer from the people leaving major metros.

The people best off will most likely be the ones who are hundreds of miles from the plague of humans looking to survive.

If my wife were lost in an end of world scenario, y’all better get your sheep and goats in the barn at night….

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Realistically, population centers are going to be absolute end of the world nightmares.

From there, medium to small city populations will suffer from the people leaving major metros.

The people best off will most likely be the ones who are hundreds of miles from the plague of humans looking to survive.

If my wife were lost in an end of world scenario, y’all better get your sheep and goats in the barn at night….

You gonna throw an Afghan party?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Like i said earlier...my bag is to get home...thats where all the good shit is...and my farm is open to svtp, just gotta know the password lol.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Like i said earlier...my bag is to get home...thats where all the good shit is...and my farm is open to svtp, just gotta know the password lol.
Its "Established Member" right???

In all honestly I dont have a BO location so everything I pack is for a GHB and not a BOB. Funny this thread came up, I planned on blowing the one in my truck up today anyways since Ive picked up new rain gear and wanted to get some other stuff out to store for the summer.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Its "Established Member" right???

In all honestly I dont have a BO location so everything I pack is for a GHB and not a BOB. Funny this thread came up, I planned on blowing the one in my truck up today anyways since Ive picked up new rain gear and wanted to get some other stuff out to store for the summer.

Corrwct...and they know the OG passwords...there are a couple
"Im from svtp"
Prove it it!
Lol...name and password

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I feel you need to use reverse logic. The question is what do you need in a go-bag to join the rest of us when the time comes? Don’t “bug out” and run when whatever problem arises. The problem will not be dealt with if everyone runs for the proverbial hills. You’re just separating from the herd and an easier target sometime in the future. Organize, resist, and defend.
Smartest words in this thread

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Corrwct...and they know the OG passwords...there are a couple
"Im from svtp"
Prove it it!
Lol...name and password

Password = "PIIHB"

4584597283c5e554559942721aff61cd.gif

jessie_sanders

Established Member
First thing I'd do is walk nextdoor and kill everything inside. Then load up and go to my parents house and set up a defensive position.

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

98SVTContour98

Established Member
More people than will take stupid numbers on a jump drive, guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

that could def be true. A true societal collapse would mean food/water/shelter/ammo/guns are the top priority.

I dont see why anyone would accept cash tho, unless I'm misunderstanding what a true SHTF scenario means exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread