19 YO arrested for doing over 200 MPH in a Mustang.

08mojo

Established Member
It has just CAI, exhaust and tune

You missed that it is 2011 mustang gt with cai, shorties, stock h pipe, magnaflows, and a bama tune.

Not sure who you are, but: if I had a case pending where the state is pissed that I went "200" mph, I would not want anything posted saying that I modified the car to have more power/go faster than stock.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I don't feel too confident about it doing 208mph BUT I will say this.

Many years ago I was in an Evo 9 coming back from Buschur Racing. The car made around 550whp on his mustang dyno on a built motor top to bottom, sheet metal intake, etc. his dyno was proved to read low and Cars that made power like that seemed to make around 590-620whp on dyno jets.

For what it's worth, while racing a mustang on I-80 across PA, I saw the speedometer pass 170 and the car hit the rev limiter (raised to 9k) in 5th gear. It was on OEM Wheels and tires (Yoko Advans) and a factory 5 spd tranny.

When looking up the speed, on stock wheels and tires with stock ratios, 5th gear at 9k was 192.2 mph. The mirrors were howling and I swear the wing looked flexed when comparing it to the rear defroster lines in the back window.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I was ticketed and released from a 122 mph ticket in Texas about 12 years ago. $550 fine.

130 is irresponsible but a fine is probably what should be served.

Agreed. As a society, we want to keep the prisons full for the stupidest reasons.

The kid did something stupid. Nobody was harmed. Give him a hefty fine and even suspend his license for a few months. Jail is not where he belongs for this.

mnewxcv

Established Member
poor bastard. In other news, 2011 mustang GT prices skyrocket as true potential is revealed!

But seriously, what cop is going to see 208 on the radar and not disregard it's accuracy?

bunits19714

Established Member
my prediction- he wont be charged with speeding at all- just reckless driving and felony eluding- they don't have to prove ANY speed then- and that will cost him enough.

o2gt

Established Member
If it was an 03-04 Cobra, then I'd believe it. But a 2011 GT with NO Boss intake? No way.

I can only see it hitting 208 if he had the cam tune. but seriously I can't imagine that he hit that speed. It would take lots of power and a very long road to do it. My guess is the radar was not working or being used correctly. but if its anything like Texas we dont need that to convict. Just give him a 10% over ticket and maybe a reckless driving.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if a 2011 mustang gt can hit 208 mph than a 2017 Camaro SS should hit 220 :burnout: :p

MysticRob

Established Member
Was also reading he turned his headlights OFF while going 175+mph trying to get away. Who knows if that's true or not

Car was faster than speed of light so it outran the headlights and just made it look like they were off. Cuz Mustang.
I call BS on the speed. Cop was probably adding his own speed to the clocked speed of the Mustang. :D

Users who are viewing this thread