19 YO arrested for doing over 200 MPH in a Mustang.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I find it a bit hard to believe....

U.M.

http://okcfox.com/news/local/ohp-19-year-old-in-custody-after-driving-over-200-mph-during-pursuit

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) - A 19-year-old driver has been arrested and faces charges of driving in excess of 200 mph.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol Capt. Paul Timmons says 19-year-old Hector Fraire was traveling at record speeds Nov. 14 on the Kilpatrick Turnpike.

"200 miles an hour ... That is extremely fast," Timmons said.

The OHP says Fraire was spotted by a trooper near the Council Road exit on the Kilpatrick Turnpike and was clocked at 84 mph when the trooper attempted to pull him over.

"The guy was trying to get away from the trooper. Apparently he had turned off his headlights hoping to lose the trooper," Timmons said.

Timmons says the driver exited the turnpike at the Northwest Expressway where another trooper spotted his 2011 Ford Mustang.

"It just so happened to be a Canadian County deputy sitting close to the area," Timmons said.

The deputy pulled him over into a parking lot, where he was arrested for reckless driving and attempting to elude. Timmons says it is fortunate that no one was hurt.

"At that type of speed, the end result is going to be very bad," Timmons said.

Timmons says Fraire reached a top speed of 208 mph during the pursuit.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
hmm. The gt500 took a bit of aero work, suspension, and power to be a 200 mph car. That GT must have 650+ rwhp.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Kid looked like he barely passed puberty. Pretty sure it was a V6 with an aftermaket jet wing that looked like it can fly unless I missed something?

Kiohtee

Established Member
The guy in the article has said there's no way he ever went 200+. Though it is a GT with nitrous, he said it was empty and, therefor, not sprayed while in pursuit.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Are they sure the officer didn't have it in km/h?

I find 208mph very hard to believe, even if it was a supercar, let alone a 2011 GT.

SirShaun

Established Member
I would of took the ticket for 84mph. He must of thought they had him clocked going faster or he is just a dumb ass.

Is Oklahoma as strict as Virginia when it comes to speeding? In Virginia anything over 100 is guaranteed jail time. The thought of freedom or jail happens rather quick.

Here is an article of a Jalopnik writer getting a weekend in jail for a 94 in a 55.
http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-virginia-lessons-from-my-three-days-in-1613604053

I guess it opens the argument of if the laws were more relaxed as in no jail time, would we see a decline in high speed pursuits? I am sure it has lead to a few of them.

Taylor02GT

Formerly ShadowGreyStang
Established Member
Name, model, and year match on this guy on insta (Fraire_slow5.0h, tagged in photo). His account is private, wonder what was under the hood?

Screenshot_20161115-132940.jpg

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I call BS on the 208 clocked speed. Not because it isn't possible that you can modify a Mustang to hit it, but simply because that trooper would have been nowhere near close to him to actually clock that speed if he had turned and gave chase. Even if the kid accelerated away after the trooper was close to him, he would have accelerated away and been out of range of that radar unit long before he hit 200.....

Facepuke

Established Member
This is a good friend of mine, I was there when this happened. I don't wanna say anything since the case is obviously still going on but I can tell you guys he did not hit 208 it's a FBO nitrous car

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Lol @ these comments. And yeah, this is all over my FB feed right now. I'm pretty well calling BS that he reached those speeds with a full bolt on nitrous car. That would be a SEVERE top end pull with the nitrous and as much as I love the coyote motor, I don't think it's holding up to that. lol

Piasared

Established Member
Ok I'm thinking the trooper was asleep or something cause on the okla turnpike there is a 4-5 ft tall wall between east and west bound. Just doesn't seem right. But with the open roads with the right car I'd love to see what my cobra could do if they closed the road for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01turbowolf

ford tech
Established Member
Ok I'm thinking the trooper was asleep or something cause on the okla turnpike there is a 4-5 ft tall wall between east and west bound. Just doesn't seem right. But with the open roads with the right car I'd love to see what my cobra could do if they closed the road for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That area of the turnpike is more open just cable barriers and bridge embankments. Oh and that car is no possible way making it anywhere near 200 unless he's changed something since I looked at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread