ZX-5 SVT Gas mileage

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
I consistently get in the upper 20s but I have never broken 30. I drive ~80 miles every work day, 1/2 Interstate the other 1/2 in Washington DC stop and go with a FocusSport tune.

macdiesel

Established Member
24-25 mixed highway and city. Best ever, all highway was 33mpg on vacation. Must have been good gas.

cea7

yah id like to find a car that averages in the mid to upper 20's... surprised the svtf only averages in the low 20's for some people... Heard its a blast to drive though... really considering trading in my boat I30 for one...thanks for the responses

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
It seems you guys with tunes are getting better mileage... is this the case?

tjs98gt

Established Member
yeah it def fun to drive, could use a bigger rear sway bar though, other than that it handles nicely

tjs98gt

Established Member
It seems you guys with tunes are getting better mileage... is this the case?

generally from what ive seen a lot of guys on the focus forums with tunes from focus sport are getting in the 28-29mpg range. thats my next step because the tune i got from a local tuner(matt hill motorsports) who hadnt done the svt focus much only got me from 23mpg to 24mpg. the tuner(wicked motorsports) who has my mustang right now said shes done quite a few svt focus' and just picked up one himself(comp orange) so once he has time to mess with his tune a bit he might make me one for mine. id just rather support my mustang tuner ya know?

Last edited:

shlbygt

Established Member
Consistently 32 to 34 mpg with 65% highway, 35% city. It all depends on your driving habits. It gets significantly less when on a road course.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
generally from what ive seen a lot of guys on the focus forums with tunes from focus sport are getting in the 28-29mpg range. thats my next step because the tune i got from a local tuner(matt hill motorsports) who hadnt done the svt focus much only got me from 23mpg to 24mpg. the tuner(wicked motorsports) who has my mustang right now said shes done quite a few svt focus' and just picked up one himself(comp orange) so once he has time to mess with his tune a bit he might make me one for mine. id just rather support my mustang tuner ya know?

yeah I hear you man, I used JJ for my L tuning, and am very happy but as far as I know he does not tune SVTFs.... BTW where in North Jersey are you?

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Cool, man, I'm up in Montvale.... Theres some g2g's in Nanuet on Wed nites coming up... I usually rock the Lightning, but I may bring the SVTF this year once or twice... feel free to come by!

tjs98gt

Established Member
yeah my friend used to go to nanuet all the time, i dont remember if it was sundays or wednesdays though

macdiesel

Established Member
generally from what ive seen a lot of guys on the focus forums with tunes from focus sport are getting in the 28-29mpg range. thats my next step because the tune i got from a local tuner(matt hill motorsports) who hadnt done the svt focus much only got me from 23mpg to 24mpg.

I've also read that the 02 svtf, in general, tend to get poor mileage despite a tune. Seems the the mileage got better with the years. I have a tune and have noticed no mpg increase.

Users who are viewing this thread