ZR1 dyno numbers

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Didn't they say 638rwhp? If so that looks right.

1.8t

Established Member
I believe its rated at 600 crank hp. I did think it would make more than 530rwhp, but the motor only had 30miles on it. Wonder what they are going to make with your typical bolt ons?

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member
I believe its rated at 600 crank hp. I did think it would make more than 530rwhp, but the motor only had 30miles on it. Wonder what they are going to make with your typical bolt ons?

full exhaust, pulley, intake, tune = 650 rwhp!!!! this car is gonna be a freak!

SVTBMG

Banned
Well that one that made 566 seems to be right given your average 10-11% loss through the driveline. the others may of been heat soaked. those are the joys of PD blowers.

TRXboy

Established Member
Those are not bad at all. Just because Ford Underated the 03/04 Cobras, and the Ford GT, does not mean every car is going to be a factory freak. Just look at the GT500's. Very similar percentage loss.

LOLasaurus

Established Member
full exhaust, pulley, intake, tune = 650 rwhp!!!! this car is gonna be a freak!

:beer: there was an interview with the ZR1s chief powertrain integration engineer who remarked that, a simple handheld tuner ALONE would see gains upwards of 55rwhp. Futher adding that they had already done it to their test ZR1s so he knows its pretty easy :-D

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Look at that torque curve! :rockon: On a side note, why can't GM ever put a proper clutch in their flagship cars..:whine:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Should be one awesome ride for the rare few who get to own it. But I am hoping to run a stock one at the track and just surprise them :-D

331power

Established Member
525whp through 565whp???? Who cares!!! The motor is built for boost!! The terminators only made 340-370whp, right??? Change pulleys, port blowers, change blowers, you get 500, 600, 700whp. The potential of the ZR1 is what really matters.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
BTW If I am reading this correctly... that is 556 AFTER tune... so the car is modded.. It runs 53x stock no? Im sure after its broken in properly the numbers might go up a bit, but its on par

small cam, induction, tuning on a Z06 gets about 520 RWHP ..... hrrrrmmmmm

of course im sure pulley + tune = 600 + RWHP, but who wants that warranty nightmare

OMFG people are stupid... I can't believe I just read that.. He can't be serious right?

Last edited:

CobraRyan

Banned
Should be one awesome ride for the rare few who get to own it. But I am hoping to run a stock one at the track and just surprise them :-D

I think you're the one that will be in for a surprise. High tens at 125 is what a cammed + bolt on ls2 will run. ZR1 is going to be a diff story... Im thinking 130 through the 1/4 ....

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Sick car and not bad numbers. The car is made to handle its balls off and will already go 200+. You will be lucky to ever see one on the road let alone one with a pulley/intake exhaust....

Users who are viewing this thread