Zoom zoom!

majorownage

yep
Established Member
I was out last night and some dick in his mazdaspeed3 zoom zoom turbo blah blah blah was weaving through traffic. It was blue, he had blue lighting under the ass of the car.

We meet at a stop light, and I rev and he just looks and ignores. I figured he didn't want to race and just like driving like a giant DB. Well, the light turned green and he floored it. I respond, but I drive a mark viii, so we were neck to neck. At 50 mph I had enough, and let out because the road we were on is the number one DUI hot spots in Texas.

The NEXT DAY I run into him at Taco Cabana!!!! I asked for a 60 roll (sweet spot for my car.) He doesn't want to race period.

I guess he was too afraid to race a grandpa car :bash::bash::bash:

1117mystic

Established Member
texas at university is horrible! specially right there after 2 when everyone leaves the bars. i dont know how i've made it through there without getting stopped. (knock on wood). you might have seen my mystic around town, i'm in afghan right now so my parents are taking care of her. cant wait to get back and drive her in april!

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Yeah, I'm always driving around shithoused too. Knock on wood that those ****in' pigs never catch me.
troutslap.gif
(/sarcasm)

(to be fair, it doesn't sound like the OP was drunk, but would be just as busted if a DUI enforcement operation caught him street racing.)

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
I had an old busted ass, slammed fart-pipe Civic cutting everybody off on the highway, he cut me off twice. Total douche. Once he realized what he cut off, he got next to me since I was doing the speed limit and intake barked me. I just looked over, facepalmed him, and shook me head. He grilled me and took off.

majorownage

yep
Established Member
Yeah, I'm always driving around shithoused too. Knock on wood that those ****in' pigs never catch me.
troutslap.gif
(/sarcasm)

(to be fair, it doesn't sound like the OP was drunk, but would be just as busted if a DUI enforcement operation caught him street racing.)

Exactly too many coppers were around trying to fund the city's coffers.

99% of Police=pirates

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
he probably didnt want to race you cause you drive a piece of shit...its like if someone in a lincoln town car asked me to race from a 60 roll which is retarded...btw he would of destroyed your POS

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^^lincoln marks are far from turds..they are nice cars and with the right mods get up and go...there are a bunch on youtube taking down machs, 350zs etc....he would of gave the mazda a run...idk if it would of been a guaranteed win, but idk, my Continental rolls out hard from a 60 as well and i have surprised a few on the hiway..

majorownage

yep
Established Member
he probably didnt want to race you cause you drive a piece of shit...its like if someone in a lincoln town car asked me to race from a 60 roll which is retarded...btw he would of destroyed your POS

LOL ok. I know my car. at 65-70 I WALK all over machs, 350z's, gts, etc. People I know dont race me from a roll.

My powerband starts at 4k at is basically unlimited on up :)

FYI a stock 93 mark viii hit 180 on the salt flats all stock

Last edited:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
LOL ok. I know my car. at 65-70 I WALK all over machs, 350z's, gts, etc. People I know dont race me from a roll.

i was just being a dick trying to start drama... depending on his mods whos to tell...if you can take a mach it be close, because mazdas are pretty good at a roll... however from a dig there cake.. Mazdaspeed3's have almost 0 turbo lag

Last edited:

majorownage

yep
Established Member
i was just being a dick trying to start drama... depending on his mods whos to tell...if you can take a mach it be close, because mazdas are pretty good at a roll... however from a dig there cake.. Mazdaspeed3's have almost 0 turbo lag

Understood. Right around 65-70, aerodynamics start coming into play as well, and the mark viii has one of the lowest coefficients of drag of a production car. That is one reason it could go so fast.

They only roll I've lost was to a gt500kr

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Understood. Right around 65-70, aerodynamics start coming into play as well, and the mark viii has one of the lowest coefficients of drag of a production car. That is one reason it could go so fast.

They only roll I've lost was to a gt500kr

Do you have alot of mods? A stock mach would rape a stock mark VIII from a roll, a dig or whatever. They arent even close. A full bolt on mach traps 111+ so I dont see even a modded mark VIII taking a bolt on mach from a roll with a much heavier car that is going to be making less power. They weigh 3,750 lbs with a drag coefficient of .33. A mach 1 has a drag coefficient of .36......They arent that far apart and the mach weighs 3359 lbs.

You would need alot of mods to even stay up with a stock mach let alone "walk all over machs".

majorownage

yep
Established Member
Do you have alot of mods? A stock mach would rape a stock mark VIII from a roll, a dig or whatever. They arent even close. A full bolt on mach traps 111+ so I dont see even a modded mark VIII taking a bolt on mach from a roll with a much heavier car that is going to be making less power. They weigh 3,750 lbs with a drag coefficient of .33. A mach 1 has a drag coefficient of .36......They arent that far apart and the mach weighs 3359 lbs.

You would need alot of mods to even stay up with a stock mach let alone "walk all over machs".

Mark viii's have a drag coefficient in the very low 30's or high 20's ...according to several other sources.

At 70mph, I have about 20% less drag force than a mach one.

Remember, drag force increases with the square of speed. This is why I can run so quickly at faster speeds.

With the stock gears, a mark viii has horrible et's yet high trap speeds.

There is a HUGE difference in gear selection when it comes to roll racing or from a stop.

J-mod, K&N, NGK's...and I'm pulling the engine this spring break and doing cobra cams, S/R intake, and 4.10s.

Ok, I don't walk ALL over machs...but 70 rolls to 130 I pull several lengths on them.

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Mark viii's have a drag coefficient in the very low 30's or high 20's ...according to several other sources.

At 70mph, I have about 20% less drag force than a mach one.

Remember, drag force increases with the square of speed. This is why I can run so quickly at faster speeds.

With the stock gears, a mark viii has horrible et's yet high trap speeds.

There is a HUGE difference in gear selection when it comes to roll racing or from a stop.

J-mod, K&N, NGK's...and I'm pulling the engine this spring break and doing cobra cams, S/R intake, and 4.10s.

Ok, I don't walk ALL over machs...but 70 rolls to 130 I pull several lengths on them.

What do you trap?

The lowest drag coefficient I can find for a mark VIII is .33 and a mach is .36. Thats not gonna be 20% less drag.

Stock lincoln Mark VIIIs run mid to high 14s at 98 mph. They dont even break 100. A stock M5 Mach 1 runs 13.1 @ 105-107 mph. Even from a roll you wont put lengths on a mach 1 with that big of a disadvantage without some SERIOUS mods.

As an example I raced a C6 Z06, which has a much better drag coefficient than I do, from about a 50 roll to 120 mph. I had roughly two cars (maybe alittle less, was hard to tell, but definitely 1.5 at least) on him by 120 and I estimate I probly had about 50 rwhp advantage in order to make up his weight advantage and aero advantage.

You have less of a drag advantage than the vette did vs me and stock for stock have a solid 30-40 rwhp disadvantage against a mach. I guess its possible for your outcome to occur if you have several mods and you are racing against a bone stock auto mach. Otherwise, the numbers dont add up.

Last edited:

majorownage

yep
Established Member
What do you trap?

The lowest drag coefficient I can find for a mark VIII is .33 and a mach is .36. Thats not gonna be 20% less drag.

Stock lincoln Mark VIIIs run mid to high 14s at 98 mph. They dont even break 100. A stock M5 Mach 1 runs 13.1 @ 105-107 mph. Even from a roll you wont put lengths on a mach 1 with that big of a disadvantage without some SERIOUS mods.

As an example I raced a C6 Z06, which has a much better drag coefficient than I do, from about a 50 roll to 120 mph. I had roughly two cars (maybe alittle less, was hard to tell, but definitely 1.5 at least) on him by 120 and I estimate I probly had about 50 rwhp advantage in order to make up his weight advantage and aero advantage.

You have less of a drag advantage than the vette did vs me and stock for stock have a solid 30-40 rwhp disadvantage against a mach. I guess its possible for your outcome to occur if you have several mods and you are racing against a bone stock auto mach. Otherwise, the numbers dont add up.

I know you're not stock, and there is no way in living hell I would ever even have a chance.

The only time I went to the dragstrip, i broke 100 every lap in the 1/4. If I recall, my best mph was 105. Best ET was 14.21 chirping 2nd gear. Notice how that is VERY close to stock mach 1 quarter trap mph's. Even though they have a FULL SECOND faster et.

The J-mod was by far the best investment ever.

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I know you're not stock, and there is no way in living hell I would ever even have a chance.

The only time I went to the dragstrip, i broke 100 every lap in the 1/4. If I recall, my best mph was 105. Best ET was 14.21 chirping 2nd gear. Notice how that is VERY close to stock mach 1 quarter trap mph's. Even though they have a FULL SECOND faster et.

The J-mod was by far the best investment ever.

Haha, im not comparing you to mine. Just wondering is all. Doesnt make sense on paper, but hey, anything can happen on the street. Certainly not calling you a liar.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member

:dw:
Wow..."WALK all over". Pretty confident. Be careful which MACH you run into

Anyway...I think if that run with the MazdaSpeed would have went further, you would have started to pull him pretty good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread