ZONE 5 MDM jr = JUNK !!!!!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
This thing is a piece of crap....buyer beware...i used it for a total of 200 miles and 1 dyno session. on the way home from the tuner my fuel pressure was dropping to 8psi and the car was cutting off....pulled over at a gas station, borrowed some wire cutters and electrical tape and connectors and spliced it back into my FPDM harness....walla problem solved car is running like a raped ape again. Im going to contact the member i bought it from and se if he can return it to lethal because thats just rediculous to have a $400 part go bad in 200 miles. just a heads up, stick with FPDMS.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I told ya to go with return system jay. Alot less electronic BS to ruin your stuff. Imagine if you were at WOT and fuel cut out!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I told ya to go with return system jay. Alot less electronic BS to ruin your stuff. Imagine if you were at WOT and fuel cut out!

yea, i hear ya....the fpdm's are way better than people give them credit for. If i cant get a refund on this MDM jr thing, im gonna make a video of me smashing it with a hammer !

greengt88

Established Member
I sold it to him.....bought it new from lethal and never used it. I paid $400 for this + tax and shipping, since i lived in Florida at the time. These things used to be the hot setup with Fore Hat and GT pumps, which i also purchased from lethal. never recieved my SVTperformance discount either. I apologize man. i really thought i was giving someone a great deal. i decided to go return style and sold all the other parts to members on here as well. I'll give lethal a call and see what they can do. im assuming not much since Zone 5 is no longer in business. I've seriously been trying to sell it for almost 7-8mos. and no one wanted it. that's why i sold it so cheap. let's cross our fingers on this one.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I sold it to him.....bought it new from lethal and never used it. I paid $400 for this + tax and shipping, since i lived in Florida at the time. These things used to be the hot setup with Fore Hat and GT pumps, which i also purchased from lethal. never recieved my SVTperformance discount either. I apologize man. i really thought i was giving someone a great deal. i decided to go return style and sold all the other parts to members on here as well. I'll give lethal a call and see what they can do. im assuming not much since Zone 5 is no longer in business. I've seriously been trying to sell it for almost 7-8mos. and no one wanted it. that's why i sold it so cheap. let's cross our fingers on this one.

Its not your fault bro....i just dont understand how it could crap out in 200 miles. I literally had to remove it to get the car to run correctly again. Im gonna go "office space" on this sucker, lol

Quick Strike

Established Member
Had mine for over 30k miles with gt pumps and not one issue.

Works great for me as well with that set up and a BAP. I think you have to have a tuner that understands it. I have a spare in case it ever has issues since the MDM and MDM Jr are no longer available. I doubt it will be needed, but you never know.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Holy old thread ..... Return style is still the best setup...both my cobras are return style and drive better than stock.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So OP did you just use wire connectors? Shouldn't something like this be soldered? Thats what I did with my bap. If it's a different situation, than I apologize. But if you simply used plastic connectors on a vital part and didn't solder the wires thans thats your fault, not the product itself.

Quick Strike

Established Member
The title is wrong sir..... Should say returnless fuel systems= junk!!!!!!

Yes, it sucks being close to 750 RWHP at 65% duty cycle with stock rails and lines and not heating the octane out of the fuel by pumping the whole tank around every other minute. Then there is the terrible 24-25 mpg I get on trips and the way it works without flaw or fail. That's junk for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread