Zo6 Wheels on Cobra

WDW MKR

Established Member
If the photoshop better-proportioned the wheels to look like 18s should, those might actually look pretty good. They're definitely different. God forbid that a mustang owner purchase a wheel different from the rest of the flock running any variation of Cobra wheels (95R, 00R, 03), or CCWs...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Some guy with a vette would see your car , take a picture, and you would then be the laughing stock of a Vette message board somewhere.

WDW MKR

Established Member
I sure hope that none of us bought our cars with intentions of caring what the Vette guys think. I've seen Cobra Rs on F-bodies that looked pretty damn good.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just because they look good does not meant we should cross-breed them.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Ugly, ugly wheels. Thank God they won't fit. There are so many Mustang wheels available that there is no need to scavenge from the Bow Tie crowd.

oxfordman03

In Denial
Established Member
I won't use GM's synthetic fluids for our Eaton's and T-56 transmissions even though they are the best available so the wheels are blasphemous to me but it is your car. I am very interested in your friends 6 point roll cage. Will it be welded in ? (what I am looking for). I'm up the road so keep me posted. (Oh, sorry. That last question was for 11secCOBRA in Carrolton)

Last edited:

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
Damn, this post is still going. I was just asking if they would fit...Plus I am looking for gun metal light weight wheels. Even if they did fit, I didn't say I was going to do it. I thought it would be fun to photoshop anyway. Ciao

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Wont fit, and dont put Chevy wheels on your Cobra. Imagine a Corvette with Cobra wheels, you would think that guy was insane

WDW MKR

Established Member
oxfordman03 said:
I won't use GM's synthetic fluids for our Eaton's and T-56 transmissions even though they are the best available so the wheels are blasphemous to me but it is your car. I am very interested in your friends 6 point roll cage. Will it be welded in ? (what I am looking for). I'm up the road so keep me posted. (Oh, sorry. That last question was for 11secCOBRA in Carrolton)

You won't run a quality fluid just because it says GM on it? :nonono:
To each their own, but that's pretty extreme.

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
Yeah, some people act like Ford and GM are at war or something. Like you will get stoned to death if caught with another Automakers product in your household. Heck, my dad worked for GM for 30 years, and I work for a GM supplier for 5 years and I still bought the car "I" wanted to buy.

oxfordman03

In Denial
Established Member
Sorry fellas, I'm old and was raised that way. I just hate to see the old rivalries between FORD-GM-MOPAR ect. fade away. I'm not insane though. I would would buy my wife a Z06 if I could afford one. But the COBRA would get the garage space.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
oxfordman03 said:
Sorry fellas, I'm old and was raised that way. I just hate to see the old rivalries between FORD-GM-MOPAR ect. fade away. I'm not insane though. I would would buy my wife a Z06 if I could afford one. But the COBRA would get the garage space.

A Z-0H-6 would be a nice beater. Something you could leave outside and not worry about. ;-)

Chappy

Established Member
How about having both in the garage. I've got an 04 Mystichrome (my fiance's), and I just purchased an 02 Z06. ;)

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Lately I think it's gotten to be more domestic vs. import than anything else, even though I have respect for every car that deserves it. Personally, I like the way the photoshop looks.

Users who are viewing this thread