ZO6 v. GT500KR

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nice, lol at the trap and 1/4 miles time on the KR though. It definitely needs some tires if it's the traction that's hurting it.

The new Shelby's have grown on me, but id still take a C6Z over any Shelby (even the KR) And not because im biased, Ive owner plenty of different brands, but the reasons are pretty obvious, the C6Z is just badass and used ones are getting affordable.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
The sad part is the KR cost more. Even sadder is you probably could get a
ZR-1 for a little more.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
What is so bad ass about a Shelby KR ? It's got only 40 more horse then a GT500 and a small set of 18" Alcola's that should have been 20's. Maybe it's the limited production numbers but $80k for a mustang ? Im finding it hard to swallow $45k+ for a Shelby GT500, I would buy one, but i would not get a KR you can get a C6 Z06 for $68 to $77k. Even more disterbing than that you could but a Saleen S197 Extreme-E with 620 horse and look 10 times better for $80k, or a '09 Zr1 for $23k more

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
They should be comparing the '09 LS3 6.2L Vette to a Shelby KR. Ford GT's dont stack up to C6 Z06's so how could they figure a Shelby GT500 KR would ? I love Ford GT's & Im falling in love with Shelby GT500's, but you gotta give credit when credit is due. For the money, style, drive, power to weight, gear ratio, feel "sotp" and etc. The C6 Zo6 with the nasty 426c.i. 7.0L just cant be beat up to $100k

mustangbee

Established Member
repost. the last thread pretty much ended with everyone in agreement that they shouldnt have even had this matchup

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Kinda expected..Edmunds is retarded, they fail to mention the KRs insane price tag is due to it being a limited production specialty car. Obviously the 40hp increase over a stock GT500 doesn't justify the $40k+ price difference.

That being said, I would take a C6Z too. Give me a car that performs the best for my money..:dancenana: The KR looks pretty sick though and would make for an awesome street cruiser, I wouldn't buy one unless I had a lot of money to blow though.

Last edited:

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
the new stangs must seriously be heavy i new they were heavier but i didn't know enough for everyone to critisize the weight

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Perwsonaly, I think the only thing dumber than this comparision is the actual existience of the KR. Shouldn't you at least be in the hunt of being the king of the road to be called the king of the road? That means at least running an 11.5 in the quarter in 2008. For this car to have one ounce less than 600 hp is a disgrace.

I have made no secret of the fact that I don't care for the formula that ends up in a GT500. More weight than an 04 and not enough oats to overcome it. Then you take a idea like the KR, double the price, and do a LAME power increase? No thanks. I'll wait to see what happens with the 10'+ versions.

Meant to be modded, or they have to be modded? :)

From 98-02 and 05-now, you'd be correct.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread