zl1 vs gt500 dyno same day.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Nearly a repost.....I was about to add it. Anyhow, it looks like the GT500 has a huge power advantage. Let's wait and see what that translates to on different road courses and drag strips. Remember the ZL1 has a sophisticated suspension setup.

The prices for the GT500 and the ZL1 are similar at $54,000 or so. These are good days for horsepower wars. I would really be sure to check out both cars before I spend $180-$250K on a super car. These two may perform even better at a fraction of the cost.

bull3441

Established Member
I was about to post the vid..... The torque difference @3900-4k is brutal. If traction is there, there's no way the ZL! would be able to hang on a roll. GT500 is lighter and has over 100 ft-lbs more at same rpm.

TorchMach

Established Member
For the almost same amount of money and a much better looking car Ford hit it out of the park with this one...actually their not even in the same park..

Crim

Established Member
The camaro might cost more at base price since they have the gas guzzler tax
GG Tax is already included in the 55k base price...

Can't wait for the next obvious step for these two cars... the track...:pop:

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
As far as the Zl1 is concerned... We'll I'll let this picture describe how I feel about it...

7a419_haha-nelson.jpg

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
the GG tax is not included, from what I have seen over on the other site, the GG tax is added after, something like 1300 for the stick, 2600 for the auto, on top of the fact the auto is a 1100 option to add! However that torque difference is monstrous! and there are plenty of videos showing the GT500 can in fact put the power down and the LC is better in the shelby! Hell the zl1 guys need lessons launching their automatic cars, thats pathetic! its going to be ugly from a roll....I have full confidence the shelby can take the zl1 at most tracks...

in the 2013 section, member ran his against another member here with C6Z06 with a catback only mod. The GT500 won twice from a roll, by half a car....pretty good if you ask me

Last edited:

RedVenom

Da Infamous One
Established Member
This will get ugly... Actually let me rephrase. This IS ugly, I need track testing by IL right now. Same day, side by side and lets see how this really plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread