ZL1 vs Boss LS Motortrend

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Not sure if its been posted or not, but kind of interesting to see the little piggy in the twists. Im gonna wait to see the GT500 compare before casting any kind of crown to the ZL1. Plus the price difference is big on these two cars. Personally I think the Boss showed very well.

[youtube_browser]OE4AH4DZtEI[/youtube_browser]

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Nice vid, I also like how they mention a '13 GT500.
I really hope the '13 embarrasses the ZL1, I'm hoping it goes faster than a carbon z06. (most likely not) but if it did...
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Anyone know the hard specs on the 13 GT500 suspension? I would hope it's at least as good as the LS Boss..... too bad we can't get IRS or a similar setup to the ZR1/ZL1.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Anyone know the hard specs on the 13 GT500 suspension? I would hope it's at least as good as the LS Boss..... too bad we can't get IRS or a similar setup to the ZR1/ZL1.

It's similar to that of a 2011/12 GT500, (minus a few tweaks and aerodynamic enhancements) and a new traction/stability system.

It will DUST a ZL1, (IRS or no IRS) IMO. The 2011 GT500 routinely ran quicker lap times than CTS-Vs, (magnetic ride, massive brakes, IRS, same motor, blower, similar curb weight).

The Boss leaves a SS, (with an IRS :banana:) by 30 bus lengths or so despite losing a ton of ground from the start.

[youtube_browser]Jr3SwDviPQ0[/youtube_browser]

Both professional drivers in ACTUAL production cars.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I really hope the '13 embarrasses the ZL1, I'm hoping it goes faster than a carbon z06. (most likely not) but if it did...
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
You think Ford will shod that new snake with some Michelin Pilot PS2 ZP tires? ;-) That's where the Carbon's biggest gains come from.

U.M.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
The Boss leaves a SS, (with an IRS :banana:) by 30 bus lengths or so despite losing a ton of ground from the start.

[youtube_browser]Jr3SwDviPQ0[/youtube_browser]

Both professional drivers in ACTUAL production cars.

not that i dont appreciate how bad ass the Boss is but i think a better comparison is a 1LE vs the Boss at minimum. The SS is a stock setup car. SS vs 5.0 is realistic. As is the 1LE vs Boss. At this point...who would actualyl expect the Camaro SS to even remotely compete with the Boss?

The Boss is a 5.0 with a forged bottom end (IIRC), different cams, different tuning, better exhaust, 5 way adjustable suspension and a front spliter, upgraded rear sway bar, upgraded bushings, brembos (yes i know the camaro does too), different intake, messaged heads and sodium filled valves, baffeled oil pan, rear seat delete and x brace and a 7500rpm limiter.

The camaro is........ well............an LS3.

Not saying its rigged but we are kinda referring to two completely different setups. An equally modified camaro i bet is just as quick.

Not trying to start a war but making some obvious notations about that particular comparison video. I wish the 1LE came with some engine performance enhancements other than a different exhaust setup some have rumored it to receiving.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
not that i dont appreciate how bad ass the Boss is but i think a better comparison is a 1LE vs the Boss at minimum. The SS is a stock setup car. SS vs 5.0 is realistic. As is the 1LE vs Boss. At this point...who would actualyl expect the Camaro SS to even remotely compete with the Boss?

The Boss is a 5.0 with a forged bottom end (IIRC), different cams, different tuning, better exhaust, 5 way adjustable suspension and a front spliter, upgraded rear sway bar, upgraded bushings, brembos (yes i know the camaro does too), different intake, messaged heads and sodium filled valves, baffeled oil pan, rear seat delete and x brace and a 7500rpm limiter.

The camaro is........ well............an LS3.

Not saying its rigged but we are kinda referring to two completely different setups. An equally modified camaro i bet is just as quick.

Not trying to start a war but making some obvious notations about that particular comparison video. I wish the 1LE came with some engine performance enhancements other than a different exhaust setup some have rumored it to receiving.

That's exactly why a now 2 year old Boss shouldn't be compared to an unreleased $56,000 ZL1. If anything, it should've been compared to an old GT500, not a car down 140hp+ that costs way less.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread