ZL1 news

c6vette

Established Member
Good news & bad news. Which is which depends on your perspective.

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 deliveries halted - Autoweek

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE4AH4DZtEI&feature=g-all&context=G242e025FAAAAAAAAAAA"]Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca! - Head 2 Head Episode 3 - YouTube[/nomedia]

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I can hear the crying from Camaro5 forums already.

466b79ff.jpg

fbf4e928.png

Last edited:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Just beat me to it. Just seen this on Jalopnik. "Production halted for an undetermined amount of time"

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I can hear the crying from Camaro5 forums already.

Just did a quick check over there. Not much noise on it. I guess after getting bent over and having GM run a train on them for the past year, they're use to it. Anyways, i have a feeling the ROFL-copter is fueling up for take off.

Just found this one:

[ame=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207739]ZL1 Production Delivery Update - Hot off the press - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com[/ame]

Apparently some believe the production was haulted to add more horsepower...............:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Really? Camaro5 believes the production halt is due to a change in horsepower output?

Yeah right, lol!

Probably halted...

acc9f8f2.gif

Remember the Hitler video, "Dig out the old business plan...and see how much it's going to cost to kill this turd again...and this time, it stays dead." hahaha!

Last edited:

white88lx

Established Member
Read that article few weeks ago........I think the biggest complaint with the boss302 is going to be the brakes...comparing brake sizes with both the Zl1 and boss is that the Camaro brakes dwarf the boss's. But in the end i'll always remain faithful to ford but thats what i noticed when comparing specs

cjgt500

Established Member
Read that article few weeks ago........I think the biggest complaint with the boss302 is going to be the brakes...comparing brake sizes with both the Zl1 and boss is that the Camaro brakes dwarf the boss's. But in the end i'll always remain faithful to ford but thats what i noticed when comparing specs

The ZL1 weighs 500+ lbs more than the Boss 302 too.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
i remember when i first read about the ZL1 initial project being halted because they ran out of money and almost claiming bankruptcy only to get a hand out and secretly put the car back into production. **** that! and **** chevy! almost went to trade in my wifes chevy cruze RS....

and we just sold a 302 LS at our dealer for like 53k, they said it was marked up due to the fact its a limited production car, shits crazy.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Apparently some believe the production was haulted to add more horsepower...............:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Wow.

They've already (obviously) obtained the necessary certification's. Big money to change anything at this point in the game...

ZL1federalcerts.jpg

ZL1emissionsticker.jpg

From here.

CARB certification application for the ZL1 is here.

peteypab2133

Established Member
So after they did all this work designing this bad ass car, right when it was on its way to the show room someone saw the bowtie on the front grill and was reminded it was a chevy :) What is the fix? Maybe an opel badge?

fullboogie

Established Member
At least GM is catching a problem before the cars hit the streets, unlike our buddies at Ford. Gotta give 'em props for not purposely setting up a crappy situation down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread