Ziptied my IMRCs open today...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I disconnected the battery today and I'll take it for a ride tomorrow to see if it helps the ECU to relearn anything.

sinnedam

Established Member
Guys, back on topic here, there's dozens of other threads for oil breathers or whatever. i just want to keep this on topic.

Whtsuperstang...pop your hood and look down between the firewall and lower intake. Follow the 2 IMRC cables (they are black and criss-cross as they go down). Look behind the intake and youll see a bracket holding each cable in place. reach just below that and you will feel the exposed IMRC cable (without the black plastic sheeth around it. Somehow fish a ziptie around the exposed cable and attach it to something secure. Pull it as tight as it'll go. You want to make sure each side is fully open.

Here's a pic for reference...

IMRCcables.jpg

The 2 outer ends of the cable are what you need to locate. Feel around down there and you'll see what i mean.

great pic, any chance of seeing a zoomed in version of that pic?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Crash, i'll let you know if the stumble goes away when I drive it again.

sinnedam, no zoomed pic available. Go look at your car, you'll SEE it first hand. It's not hard.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My bad, me and my a.d.d., i forgot to update this thread...but i meant to. LOL

The stumble is 100% gone.
All I did was disconnect the battery for a few minutes and pump the brake a couple times. Took it out and beat on it for a few minutes.
NO MORE STUMBLE. No CEL either, and it's been a couple weeks. I originally had a CEL (1516 if I remember right) for IMRCs not opening.
With the 4.30s, I don't really notice much, if any lowend TQ missing.

This is easy to do guys, and it will give you a preview of what the IMRC delete will feel like.

Users who are viewing this thread