Zippo FR500C on e-bay

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
That's a $4,000.00 set of Kenisis wheels on that car! :-D

Let's see, a motor and trans, a couple weeks to sort it all out.................... NAW, my wife would have my ass!!! :eek:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
GAC legal motor - $25k, GAC legal trans - $15k........

P.S. That seat cracks me up......

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
GAC legal motor - $25k, GAC legal trans - $15k........

P.S. That seat cracks me up......

If you want to go Koni Challenge racing this would be a good start. :read:

But having said that;

Ok, for those of you that have had your bubble broken by Mark; :)

Decent motor, (fast enough to pass 97% of the Z06's you'll encounter at an open track event) $12,000.00-$15,000.00.

Trans for same; $5k Max.

Passing C6-Z06's effortlessly, Priceless!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

PS Corvettes are for passing, not driving. In case anyone forgot! :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
GAC legal motor - $25k

Really? :eek: That's a lot higher than the number I heard but I don't know the whole story of course.

On second thought if you are including the exhaust headers in that, your number is a bit closer to what I heard. I couldn't believe what I heard those tubular exhaust manifolds cost, I'm making the wrong parts for people:(

steve121

Established Member
FRPP's GAC motor is $29,500

M-6007-R50.gif

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm thinking Tom Shep needs to buy this project to go along with his 95 Zippo car!
No, Dean, this car has your name written all over it! It would make an excellent open/track or amateur racing car. You need a new project since your current project is done.

eBay ad said:
The car is still legal for Koni Challenge.

It would only take another $250,000 to compete in the remaining Koni races. :-D

Ok, for those of you that have had your bubble broken by Mark;

Decent motor, (fast enough to pass 97% of the Z06's you'll encounter at an open track event) $12,000.00-$15,000.00.

Trans for same; $5k Max.

Yea, Bruce, but you have to figure that those tires are done. It would probably need new rotors and pads. You have to go through the whole car (used race cars always cost more than you think to rebuild, IMO).

Using your numbers and the $30K eBay quote, that's $50K. I suggest that another $10K would be involved in getting it to the track (including picking the car up-- where is Montour Falls anyway?). That's $60K, minimum. :read:

I saw a "track ready" 00R FS at $38K. Hmm, a clone for $60K or a real 00R for $38K? :dw: :-D

Or you could just buy one of those used Panoz cars for $15K to pass a Z06. :burnout:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
No, Dean, this car has your name written all over it! It would make an excellent open/track or amateur racing car. You need a new project since your current project is done.

It would only take another $250,000 to compete in the remaining Koni races. :-D

Yea, Bruce, but you have to figure that those tires are done. It would probably need new rotors and pads. You have to go through the whole car (used race cars always cost more than you think to rebuild, IMO).

Using your numbers and the $30K eBay quote, that's $50K. I suggest that another $10K would be involved in getting it to the track (including picking the car up-- where is Montour Falls anyway?). That's $60K, minimum. :read:

I saw a "track ready" 00R FS at $38K. Hmm, a clone for $60K or a real 00R for $38K? :dw: :-D

Or you could just buy one of those used Panoz cars for $15K to pass a Z06. :burnout:

Doc - I thought about you when Bruce mentioned,

"That's a $4,000.00 set of Kenisis wheels on that car!"

I thought $4000 new?, or $4000 used/raced?

And then your past mentions of "Pennies on the Dollar" came to mind.

R

Last edited:

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
If you want to go Koni Challenge racing this would be a good start. :read:

But having said that;

Ok, for those of you that have had your bubble broken by Mark; :)

Trans for same; $5k Max.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

PS Corvettes are for passing, not driving. In case anyone forgot! :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Bruce, what are you drinking. Equal drivers in Zo6 vs Cobra R. Sorry the Chevy wins 99% of the time.:lol: Your talking a HP sports car vs a HP Sedan. Now if you want to compare Ford GT vs Zo6 maybe the Ford wins a few more rounds.

Now back to the Ford Mustang is king forum.

RD

SDW Racing

Established Member
Doc,

Montour Falls is south of Watkins Glen. I am guessing this car is in Jim Seafuse's shop.

This is a great open track car........if you have a bottomless wallet.

Listen to Doc on this one.

This car is meant for a real racer with sponsors and lots of his own money.

:nonono::nonono::nonono:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
This car is meant for a real racer with sponsors and lots of his own money.
You must be referring to Doc!!!
No, you are confusing me with those collector car guys. You know them. They hang around Barrett-Jackson auctions with their trophy wife while sipping on French champagne. Many have four or five cars that they never drive. :beer:

No one that takes a car to the track has any money. :rolleyes:

Larry, you'd be a good candidate for this car. You have two jobs and car spending money is pouring into your bank account. I was driving through Snellville the other day and saw one of those armored trucks. I knew it was heading toward your house to pick up your weekly pile of cash and securities. :poke:

1993R

Established Member
[ I was driving through Snellville the other day and saw one of those armored trucks. I knew it was heading toward your house to pick up your weekly pile of cash and securities. :poke:[/QUOTE]

That was a Beer truck bringing my weekly supply of Guiness

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce, what are you drinking. Equal drivers in Zo6 vs Cobra R. Sorry the Chevy wins 99% of the time.:lol:

Roger:

I'm not sure why the Midwest is like this but there is a 97% chance the pilot in the Corvette can't drive. Maybe on the coasts it's a different story, but not around here. It used to be 98% but I ran into another person that could drive last Summer. But his motor blowed up. :(

Your mileage may certainly vary.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming, R's rule! :pepper:

;-):poke::p

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
Bruce, two years ago at WGI I had to do a checkout ride with a guy who had tons of track time but had never driven Watkins Glen. He had registered as bringing a 2000R Mustang and I looked forward to a fun ride with an experienced driver. I looked all over and could not find the car. I went back to registration and found out the guy had changed his mind and instead he brought a Zo6 as his ride.
I finally located my checkout ride in his Corvette and we went for a fun ride, the guy had plenty of track experience and he just needed to know what turn was coming up so he could set up for that turn.
I did a few laps with him and turned him loose as he was obviously ready for the Glen.
Before I got out of his car I asked him why he did not bring his 2000R and he said he thought it was a Ford only event and when he found out it was not he decided to bring,( his words )"the faster and much better handling Zo6"

Perhaps you know someone with a Zo6 that will let you do a test drive.

I have found over the years it is a lot more fun to drive events where it is not brand specific. At the all Ford events you never really know how good you are running if it's against all Fords or maybe a friend of a friend got talked unto bringing a brand X vehicle and everybody gets to beat up on the less experienced nubie. Same holds true for the all Chevy shows, lets beat up on the lone Mustang.

BTW on the Corvette forum, they always beat the Mustangs so you guys are not so different.

RD

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Bruce, two years ago at WGI I had to do a checkout ride with a guy who had tons of track time but had never driven Watkins Glen. He had registered as bringing a 2000R Mustang and I looked forward to a fun ride with an experienced driver. I looked all over and could not find the car. I went back to registration and found out the guy had changed his mind and instead he brought a Zo6 as his ride.
I finally located my checkout ride in his Corvette and we went for a fun ride, the guy had plenty of track experience and he just needed to know what turn was coming up so he could set up for that turn.
I did a few laps with him and turned him loose as he was obviously ready for the Glen.
Before I got out of his car I asked him why he did not bring his 2000R and he said he thought it was a Ford only event and when he found out it was not he decided to bring,( his words )"the faster and much better handling Zo6"

Perhaps you know someone with a Zo6 that will let you do a test drive.

I have found over the years it is a lot more fun to drive events where it is not brand specific. At the all Ford events you never really know how good you are running if it's against all Fords or maybe a friend of a friend got talked unto bringing a brand X vehicle and everybody gets to beat up on the less experienced nubie. Same holds true for the all Chevy shows, lets beat up on the lone Mustang.

BTW on the Corvette forum, they always beat the Mustangs so you guys are not so different.

RD

FWIW I personally like beating up on "faster" cars with my "slower" truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread