Zex nitrous system, who has it?

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I have a zex wet kit with a 125 shot and the kit only seems to work 25% of the time.. I have taken it to the track twice with it on and both times it only sprays the fuel part and no nitrous. I was seeing what peoples experience with zex is and if you had problem or not with it..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

T800

Established Member
I don't personally have the Zex kit(NOS here)...but they are all essentially the same. How is your setup activated?

You should be able to test the solenoids individually(dry of course) and hear them actuate. One thing I will say, is that my micro switch on the throttle is adjustable and moved on me once. Even at WOT is wasn't activating. I readjusted and tightened it down, problem solved...but that was for both the fuel and N20 sides.

I sense a ground issue may be the culprit if you are getting spotty performance...not that a bum solenoid is out of the question. But I would look at the wiring first. Test the setup dry and see if the solenoids are actuating, hopefully you can recreate the issue and find a speedy solution.

How long has the kit been on and when did the problem start?

2004silvercobra

Established Member
The kit is new and has happened since day 1 and have had zex replace the solenoids once already... the kit is activated by a window switch so it comes on at 3k and also the wot switch is all off of the tps volts not the switch style you have but I have tested them and they work.. I never had a issue when I had my NX kit but this one I have had nothing but issues and it works good when it does but that is not to often..

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
never had a prob with mine, sounds like solenoids to me but since u have checked it- have u checked ur zex smart box.(brain) what ever its called it desinged to control spray of fuel and juice maybe somthing there???

T800

Established Member
If all your activators check out, I suspect that you have a ground issue at the N20 solenoid itself. Chase that wire and triple check it...if you have replaced that solenoid once, it is highly unlikely that it is the issue.

Someone else will chime in soon with other thoughts.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
If all your activators check out, I suspect that you have a ground issue at the N20 solenoid itself. Chase that wire and triple check it...if you have replaced that solenoid once, it is highly unlikely that it is the issue.

Someone else will chime in soon with other thoughts.

I'm not sure it can be a ground because zex uses that box to house the solenoids so there is only 1 ground wire and I know the fuel works because at wot my car goes rich and I can turn off mid run and it goes back to normal air fuel... I know there "brain" part controls the nitrous if certain things go wrong like if fuel is below 40 psi etc.. but for it to work sometimes and not others with 2 different zex boxes (solenoids) seems weird..

T800

Established Member
What did Zex have to say?

I mean, these kits aren't THAT complex, so it can only really be a couple things...they should have some answers for you. Especially since the kit is brand new.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
They thought the fuel wasn't opening all the way which didn't allow the nitrous to open so they sent a new box which now does the same.. I was gonna call first thing tomorrow and see what they say

T800

Established Member
They thought the fuel wasn't opening all the way which didn't allow the nitrous to open so they sent a new box which now does the same.. I was gonna call first thing tomorrow and see what they say

Good idea...I mean its their damn box. They should be able to narrow it down for you.

Users who are viewing this thread