ZEX nitrous solenoid making a CONTINUOUS clicking- is this normal??

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
Well like the title says, its driving me nuts cuz i cant find any answers. I always thought a solenoid opened and closed, not constant clicking, but im new to the nitrous scene. Whenever i make the TB go WOT, the NMU (Zex's little box that houses the fuel/nitrous solenoids) makes a constant clicking sound. Does anyone have this kit (82023) or can tell me that this is NOT normal, or is? Thanks!

balboky01

Established Member
No its just supposed to click one when it activates..sounds like its stuck open maybe a bad ground?? I have had trouble with the zex kit before myself...i just switched kits tho...if i remember correctly there should be a way to reset everything on that kit

Last edited:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
ok, ima call the stupid hotline tomorrow and see if i cant figure this out. thanks.... anyone else can chime in though....

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
Called them this morning and thats exactly what its supposed to do- he just told me that is how they are designed- i guess he said something with the fact that a pulsing click has less chance to get stuck? Anyways, he was like it clicks like a machine gun, i was like thats exactly what it does, he said all is good. The kit went in really easily, and works, is a clean install, AND is easy to program......

Users who are viewing this thread