Zex Black out kit

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Has anyone installed the Zex black out kit, or any nitrous kit and how do you like it ? Looking for a kit and really like the looks of Zex. Before i buy it. I'd just like some feed back on your experience with it, or if you have another kit that you can recommend.

rodfarva

Established Member
I've yet to use it anywhere other than the dyno, but I installed a ZEX wet kit. I thought it seemed like a pretty good kit, but it is the first nitrous kit that I have installed, so I don't have anything to compare it to. With a 75 hp shot, I went from 793 rwhp to 847 and from 818 RWTQ to 977 RWTQ!!! The car was spinning on the dyno rollers.

I've not used it at the track yet because I think I can break into the high 9s without it. Plus, I'm already pushing the stock engine past its limits without the nitrous.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Dam bro, that's impressive for a 75 shot. The torque increase is AMAZING! I've been considdering either a port or nitrous. Results like that really make lean toward the bottle.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Well that's enough info and "TORQUE" for me. Kits been ordered. HAHA I'll take some pics of the install. I have an extra bottle heater and purge kit already. Like the idea of welding bolts in the trunk. Cool idea and i'm going to do the same. Also ordered a blue billet bottle bracket. I will install/design it so the seconddddd lol stage wont be a problem. Probably will need an engine before its over....:-D

rdsnk46

Established Member
I've yet to use it anywhere other than the dyno, but I installed a ZEX wet kit. I thought it seemed like a pretty good kit, but it is the first nitrous kit that I have installed, so I don't have anything to compare it to. With a 75 hp shot, I went from 793 rwhp to 847 and from 818 RWTQ to 977 RWTQ!!! The car was spinning on the dyno rollers.

I've not used it at the track yet because I think I can break into the high 9s without it. Plus, I'm already pushing the stock engine past its limits without the nitrous.

Sounds good! Spinning on the dyno = False HP and TQ #'s I dont doubt your car but usually the spin will project incorrect readings. 840/975 = Bottom 9's Put that power to work when you can!!

rdsnk46

Established Member
I used the Zex kit on my car but eliminated the wet side and only sprayed a dry 75 shot. I used the injectors to increase fuel when the nitrous was active.

I dyno'd 21 psi 2.8H, C-16 and a dry 75 w 25* timing made 806rwhp/800rwtq and 810/802 on back to back dyno pulls. We dropped the timing to 22* and it made 747rwhp and 765rwtq. This 22* tune netted me my fastest ET and MPH.

The Zex kit always worked well!!

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
I run a Zex wet kit on my car, and love it. Never mis-sprayed, always hit 100% of the time, and I've never had ONE issue. Started with a 50 shot, 75 shot, and now a 100/125ish shot.

I had to take the bottle out, sand it down, and paint it black with a clear, because I couldnt take the purple anymore in the trunk LOL. I love the kit.

Have a Zex Purge, Zex Heater, Zex Window switch 3000/6000rpms, and a pressure gauge on the bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread