Zaino

spree

Established Member
i'll toss in my own list...

Why I don't use Zaino

1) I don't believe I should have to shake a magic bottle of Z2 + ZFX for a minute to "activate" my "polish"
2) Regular Z2 looks like ass on black
3) I don't agree with their marketing techniques. If it's a sealant, call it a sealant.
4) They tend to discourage the use of microfiber and encourage the use of Dawn...two big no-no's in my book
5) Price
6) It took them forever to come up with an actual swirl remover. They didn't educate people on how to properly prep a car until then.
7) Zaino is for Corvette owners :-D

Last edited:

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
as far as shipping i work for ups and 8 dollars is a flat rate that they will ship it to u for anywhere in the US and that is a good price if for even one thing shipping rates have gone up fed ex as well and ups will have it to u most of the time in about 3 to 4 days if not sooner if u live closer to ks

Juiced-03

Established Member
03venum said:
as far as shipping i work for ups and 8 dollars is a flat rate that they will ship it to u for anywhere in the US and that is a good price if for even one thing shipping rates have gone up fed ex as well and ups will have it to u most of the time in about 3 to 4 days if not sooner if u live closer to ks
Autogeek will ship for $5.95. SMP will ship $1 or $2 cheaper as well depending on the amount purchased. Zaino has the highest shipping rates around. That was a big turn away for me especially when I may only be ordering a couple items.

What about the people who want to buy just the leather conditioner, or perhaps a bottle of carwash? They shouldn't have to pay the full $8.95 shipping charge. That is ridiculous.

Last edited:

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Autogeek will ship for $5.95. SMP will ship $1 or $2 cheaper as well depending on the amount purchased. Zaino has the highest shipping rates around. That was a big turn away for me especially when I may only be ordering a couple items.

What about the people who want to buy just the leather conditioner, or perhaps a bottle of carwash? They shouldn't have to pay the full $8.95 shipping charge. That is ridiculous.
SMP is $6.95. I know this because I wanted to try bold n bright but it was $6.95 shipping for a $9.95 bottle, so I will wait until I need more stuff. Also, I'm not complaining about this price, because I realize that this is the cost of proper packaging and actual shipping.

The fact that you need a special additive that more than doubles the cost of the already small bottle is valid, but I'm sorry, I can't see how $2 on shipping should affect what product you buy :shrug:

Juiced-03

Established Member
pj_rage said:
I can't see how $2 on shipping should affect what product you buy :shrug:

It adds up when you buy as many products as I do. Sometimes I order just one product so you can bet the company with the cheapest shipping will probably have my business (assuming the products are similar in pricing). And I never said that shipping charges will solely affect my decision in what I buy, but it is definitely a factor. The simple matter of the fact is, it doesn't cost $8.95 to ship one bottle of something. I think I shipped a bottle of UPP to a member on here for less than $3 using USPS. Zaino needs to adjust their rates for the quantity ordered, or consider using a cheaper carrier (like USPS).

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
It adds up when you buy as many products as I do. Sometimes I order just one product so you can bet the company with the cheapest shipping will probably have my business (assuming the products are similar in pricing). And I never said that shipping charges will solely affect my decision in what I buy, but it is definitely a factor. The simple matter of the fact is, it doesn't cost $8.95 to ship one bottle of something. I think I shipped a bottle of UPP to a member on here for less than $3 using USPS. Zaino needs to adjust their rates for the quantity ordered, or consider using a cheaper carrier (like USPS).
I have no idea what type of packaging zaino uses, or their carrier, but maybe the more you order, the more you save on shipping. I'm guessing that shipping one bottle is pretty inefficient (especially with their carrier maybe?) but perhaps shipping a few bottles you will notice some better prices :shrug: I have no clue, I'm not pushing zaino, I've just never thought twice about the shipping :shrug:

If you order a bottle here and a bottle here that often, you might want to plan your purchases a little better :pop:

Juiced-03

Established Member
pj_rage said:
If you order a bottle here and a bottle here that often, you might want to plan your purchases a little better :pop:

I use many different brands for detailing, so it often means that I must buy from various companies. Zaino never made the cut for me though. Why not buy the Zaino system since you seem to defend it so much?

I was thinking about getting a Zaino package this winter and trying it out. What do you guys recommend as far as other options. I dont have a PC and don't plan on getting one mainly cus Im afraid of using it....

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I use many different brands for detailing, so it often means that I must buy from various companies. Zaino never made the cut for me though. Why not buy the Zaino system since you seem to defend it so much?
I don't want to use a product that costs too much for inferior results. I'm not defending it, I'm just saying that $2 shipping is a silly reason not to buy something. Anyway, I'm done playing devil's advocate, sorry :beer:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Blk98Cobra said:
I was thinking about getting a Zaino package this winter and trying it out. What do you guys recommend as far as other options. I dont have a PC and don't plan on getting one mainly cus Im afraid of using it....
Dont fear the PC :) ;). The rotary is the hard one. I would use one of these polishes:
Poorboys SSR 2.5 / Polish w/Carnubas topped with EX/EX-P then Nattys/Nattys Blue
Menzerna IP/FPII topped by FMJ then Trade Secret

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
Dont fear the PC :) ;). The rotary is the hard one. I would use one of these polishes:
Poorboys SSR 2.5 / Polish w/Carnubas topped with EX/EX-P then Nattys/Nattys Blue
Menzerna IP/FPII topped by FMJ then Trade Secret
I'm a little confused, you are saying to top the nattys blue with menzerna ip/fpii then FMJ then trade secret?? Or are you listing applicable products? lol..

Juiced-03

Established Member
Blk98Cobra said:
I think he was giving me a list....which I dont understand..:lol:

Well your only other option would be to do it by hand, and your results (especially on a black car) will not even be close to what a PC can achieve. Get the PC :thumbsup:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Buy a PC. easiest thing you will ever do for your car, and your arm.

-Jeff

Sonic Snake

Established Member
pj_rage said:
The fact that you need a special additive that more than doubles the cost of the already small bottle is valid, but I'm sorry, I can't see how $2 on shipping should affect what product you buy :shrug:

IMO, which I know no one asked for, is that I agree with Juiced. It's not that we are just to cheap to pay an additional $2. It's when you feel that it's two dollars more just to put more coin in the pocket of the seller. That to me, is a reflection of the seller/owner and those kind of people I will not do business with.

I'm sure Sal used some of the "overage" in shipping costs to help purchase his new 2006 z06... (yes, I'm bitter about the car. lol) :cuss:

Sonic Snake

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Buy a PC. easiest thing you will ever do for your car, and your arm.

-Jeff

Listen to this man.

I just used a PC for the first time this weekend on my terribly swirled Sonic Blue Cobra. I couldn't believe how much of the swirls this little machine took out of the paint. It is near swirl free and for the first time you can actually see the true color of the car instead of trying to look through an enormous amount of swirls.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Blk98Cobra said:
I think he was giving me a list....which I dont understand..:lol:
lmao, it was a list :) what dont you understand? maybe i can clarify..

Juiced-03

Established Member
Sonic Snake said:
IMO, which I know no one asked for, is that I agree with Juiced. It's not that we are just to cheap to pay an additional $2. It's when you feel that it's two dollars more just to put more coin in the pocket of the seller. That to me, is a reflection of the seller/owner and those kind of people I will not do business with.

I'm sure Sal used some of the "overage" in shipping costs to help purchase his new 2006 z06... (yes, I'm bitter about the car. lol) :cuss:
Exactly man!

Gas prices could go up 5 cents and everyone would complain about it, even though it's only 75 cents more per fillup for the average car. So you're damn right I'll complain about $2 when it comes to shipping such a small order! Just my opinion, I'm sure the Zaino users feel it's worth it, but I don't. :shrug:

Just like on Ebay, you can usually find many different sellers of the same product you want, but in the end it generally comes down to who offers the cheapest shipping!

Juiced-03

Established Member
pj_rage said:
I don't want to use a product that costs too much for inferior results. I'm not defending it, I'm just saying that $2 shipping is a silly reason not to buy something. Anyway, I'm done playing devil's advocate, sorry :beer:

Shipping is not the only reason I choose not to use Zaino. It comes down to getting more product for less, ease of application, achieving a better finish, and the many other things I listed on page 1. If I didn't care much about detailing, sure I might pick up the Zaino system for a quick, hyped up fix if I didn't want to do any research and didn't care about money.

On the other hand, I would pay $50-$60 for a small jar of Souveran because it IS worth the money. If Zaino produced similar results it would be worth the money too. Once you start trying a few products, and compare them, you may or may not see for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread