Zaino

Petrograde

ChampaneTaste, BeerBudget
Established Member
I've been using Zaino on my Marauder for almost 2 years. I love it. The ZFX is kind of a pain in the ass,.. but I really like the end result.

..and it does smell pretty good! :D

Juiced-03

Established Member
Petrograde said:
I've been using Zaino on my Marauder for almost 2 years. I love it. The ZFX is kind of a pain in the ass,.. but I really like the end result.

..and it does smell pretty good! :D

Yeah I thought it was a pain also. I preferred using Z1 since I had no problem waiting a day between coats. Anything is better than using those damn vials and bottles!

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
On the other hand, I would pay $50-$60 for a small jar of Souveran because it IS worth the money. If Zaino produced similar results it would be worth the money too.
That's the real point. It isn't worth it (to you). If the product was good, you wouldn't be complaining about the $2.

If you liked zaino better than whatever you are using now, you would just say that it sucked that it was $2 more for shipping, but it was the only place to get it, and the stuff was awesome.

I understand your point, and thanks for the info.

Juiced-03

Established Member
pj_rage said:
That's the real point. It isn't worth it (to you). If the product was good, you wouldn't be complaining about the $2.

If you liked zaino better than whatever you are using now, you would just say that it sucked that it was $2 more for shipping, but it was the only place to get it, and the stuff was awesome.

I understand your point, and thanks for the info.

I do like Zaino's Leather Conditioner. But I use other products because I won't pay $8.95 to ship one bottle, so yes, I am still complaining about the shipping price. I actually feel this leather conditioner is one of the best out there, but I can't justify the shipping price. Souveran may have been a bad example because I only pay $5.95 to have a jar of that shipped, and that is reasonable.

Every one of Zaino's dist. uses the same shipping price. That is unlike the distributors for Poorboy's, Clearkote, Pinnacle, Meguiar's, 4*, etc who generally fight for your business based upon shipping charges.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I do like Zaino's Leather Conditioner. But I use other products because I won't pay $8.95 to ship one bottle, so yes, I am still complaining about the shipping price. I actually feel this leather conditioner is one of the best out there, but I can't justify the shipping price. Souveran may have been a bad example because I only pay $5.95 to have a jar of that shipped, and that is reasonable.

Every one of Zaino's dist. uses the same shipping price. That is unlike the distributors for Poorboy's, Clearkote, Pinnacle, Meguiar's, 4*, etc who generally fight for your business based upon shipping charges.
Ah, well in that case, you are ridiculous. You won't use your favorite product because it costs $2 more to ship. Keep sticking it to the man, because I know I won't. If it's my favorite product, I'll pay a couple bucks more for shipping.

Juiced-03

Established Member
pj_rage said:
Ah, well in that case, you are ridiculous. You won't use your favorite product because it costs $2 more to ship. Keep sticking it to the man, because I know I won't. If it's my favorite product, I'll pay a couple bucks more for shipping.

I can't believe you are this concerned with my purchasing habits! I'm flattered :lol1:

And by the way, I don't pay shipping for my leather conditioner, I buy it locally. :p

Last edited:

shelbycobra

Established Member
i have used pinnacle,zymol,and metal jacket,the zaino for my black cobra give the deepest wet look,but it doesnt last as long as the others i mentioned.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I can't believe you are this concerned with my purchasing habits! I'm flattered :lol1:

And by the way, I don't pay shipping for my leather conditioner, I buy it locally. :p
I really don't care, I just think you are silly. I tried to end the convo twice lol. It's all good man, as long as you are happy with what you are using and how much you pay, then rock on :rockon:

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
shelbycobra said:
i have used pinnacle,zymol,and metal jacket,the zaino for my black cobra give the deepest wet look,but it doesnt last as long as the others i mentioned.
Kinda funny, your results are the exacty opposite of most people! Which do you use most often now?

agentf1

Established Member
Scott P said:
I don't see anyone on here that "hates" Zaino. There is no reason to feel that way. Zaino is a quality product and one of the best sealants out there. Durability-wise, I don't think you'll find anything else that can top it.

Zaino is not difficult to use at all. With the addition of Z-PC and Z-8 to the lineup, they have truly become a one-stop package. Sure, on a per ouce basis, it is expensive. But, with some experience, you can easily get two coats out of an ounce or so.

The problem that Zaino has is in the many of the users themselves. The term "Zaino Zealout" refers to people that will trumpet Zaino as the one cure all for all paints and finishes. The stories of people adding layer upon layer turned many potential users off because they thought it was required, not optional, for a great finish. It is one of those rare products that lives up to the hype.

It may not be the smartest sales technique of mine to talk positively about another company's product. The fact is that Zaino is a great product. I'm not going to come here and state that the stuff I sell is the best and that nothing compares. In a market as subjective as waxes, statements like that lend nothing to credibility. People should simply use what they like and not worry about what everyone else says is a good product or not.
Very well said. :beer:

HISSMAN said:
Dawn will destroy the plastics on your car over time.

You only need to use Dawn once and there are alternatives if you are not comfortable with it like prepping your car with Fusion or doing a 50/50 wipe or prep-sol wipe.

I have 3 black cars and try everything that is on the market, there are very few I have not tried yet and can without a doubt say that Zaino is one of the best on the market. I have tried Pinnacle Souveran and it looks great but does not last long. I have tried some sealants that last long but do not have the looks that Zaino has. Zaino seems to be the full package and is constantly improving. If it has been a while since you tried it try it again because it is totally different than a few months ago. There are no more drying issues, it is virtually idiot proof now and can be applied in any climate.

As far as cost I found it to be one of the cheapest product I have used since it goes so far, I can do my L with 1/4 oz of product. Shipping sucks but you have that with most boutique products and believe me, nothing PepBoys sells comes close. I just buy a few bottles of each and only pay shipping once and I am good for a while. Zaino is one of the few products that actually does live up to the hype. If you haven't already or recently, give it a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Half my neighborhood is using it now from watching me do it to my cars in the driveway and not a one of them was dissapointed, everybody seems to be amazed at the shine it produces. Just make sure your car is properly prepped before applying but then you should do that no matter what product you are using. :beer:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Good advice agentf1. It must be a real chore with 3 black cars! I had two of them and will never own another lol.

Users who are viewing this thread