zaino wax

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Just bought a 99 cobra. It's bone stock with 22,000 original miles. It's bright red (I think the color is called Rio red). My problem is that the car looks great in the sun, but under the lights in my garage or outside at night under street lights the paint looks faded and has a ton of swirl marks. There's also a few scuffs on it that don't appear to be in the paint, they look like they would come out. What products should I use for the scuff marks? I went on to Zaino brothers website and they have a kit that comes with a clay bar and it says it's for faded paint and swirl marks.. Has any one used it and had good results? I've never used a wheel or buffer before so I'd like to stay away from going that route.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Zaino is a sealant and a sealant only. It will fill with the more coats you put on but they will come back after the Zaino wears off. It is very durable and long lasting.

I would suggest properly polishing your car to remove the swirls and scratches.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
thanks for the info man.I'm just afraid that if i get it buffed it will burn the paint. I've seen some buff job's gone bad.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I would do this if I were you, get it professionally done first and then maintain it.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'll add on to that "professionally done" comment...

There are a lot of "professionals" that don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. So ask around and find a local club, usually someone will know someone, somewhere that does a good job.

Since you're in MI; I suggest you go here and ask around about finding someone in your area...

Michigan Members - Autopia.org

and email these guys the same question...

Contact Danase Detailing Supply

You should find someone competent.

Or, you may decide to tackle the job yourself, but that's another story.

Users who are viewing this thread