Zaino Products

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone is using the zaino products? I have seen everyone talking about other products. Just haven't seen much talk about zaino. Was thinking about trying them out for my 13' Shelby? So much to choose from these days. Any info would be greatly appreicated! :beer:

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
zaino was all the rage a few years back. You'll get 1001 different options about washes, waxes, polishes, etc. I look on autogeek and autopia and try to make a selection.

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
Ya been researching and its been hard to choose. Just so many options to choose from. Just trying to find something that works really well for black. Also that performs well. The search contiues!

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I've used Zaino for a long time.

It's a very good sealant. It's not a wax or a polish like they say it is on their website. It is very durable and beads up water for about 6-10 months after 2 coats.

Yeah, everyone has their own opinions about what sealants and waxes to use. Zaino isn't for everyone. It's a little expensive and takes more time than some of the other sealants out there.

I apply 2 coats of Zaino, (1 coat Z5, 1 coat Z2) every time I detail. They have a full line including detail sprays, borderless towels, shampoos, tire dressings, etc. I'm starting to evaluate Adams line of products, but have not used any Adams machine sealants yet so I don't know how they compare.

Whatever you do, top your detail job with a nice warm coat of carnuaba wax like Pinnacle Souveran.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
It was a good sealant for it's day.

However, the new Nano coatings last much longer.

CQuartz and Optimum's OptiCoat both work well. OptiCoat is awesome and is very durable.

The only catch is that they don't "fill" swirls or hide them, so you need to do a full paint correction/detail before applying. But, once you do, you get great durability and a slight increase in scratch/swirl resistance. The paint will look perfectly clean after every wash. I also get less water spots.

Spade

Established Member
I like Zaino a lot and been using it for approximately seven years. When I detail one of our cars I use zaino but when I want a quick coat of something I use NTX 2.0. I find that the NTX gives just as good a shine with an equal two coats but every coat there after the shine from zaino start to...well...out shine. As for Zaino detailing spray (both of them), I haven't used anything I like better or even comes close for that matter.

One thing I found with zaino is the cure time. I never really understood how much of a difference it make when the product has time to cure until using zaino. I cleaned (chemicals guys shampoo and Z-6) my wife's car two days ago and it been sitting since and I have to say it looks shinier now then it did the day it was done including yesterday. And the car sits outside.

Their tire dressing is awesome too. It shinny but not wet looking. I'm also using Griot's tire shine and that gives a shinny matte look. Griot tire shine seems more durable compared to zaino. Don't get me wrong zaino tire shine last a good while, weather depending of course.

Last edited:

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
I love Zaino and have been using for a long time. Just did my car tonight and she looks incredible for her age and mileage. With the ZFX flash cure additive I was able to throw down 2 coats of Z5 in under 2 hours. I only used like 2 OZ of the stuff. It may be more expensive (slightly) but it takes so very little to do an entire car. also comes off with so very little effort and leaves ZERO residue, It also lasts a long time. I get compliments all the time and my paint looks like glass. I'm going to use Z2 in a couple of days and she'll be good for awhile. Everyone of course has their preference but I'll not be changing anytime soon. you wiull not be dissapionted.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
If you want Zaino just buy Duragloss products. Pretty much the same products at a fraction of the price.

Personally, I would go with the Optimum line or CarPro and be done with it.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I've used Zaino for a long time.

It's a very good sealant. It's not a wax or a polish like they say it is on their website. It is very durable and beads up water for about 6-10 months after 2 coats.

Yeah, everyone has their own opinions about what sealants and waxes to use. Zaino isn't for everyone. It's a little expensive and takes more time than some of the other sealants out there.

I apply 2 coats of Zaino, (1 coat Z5, 1 coat Z2) every time I detail. They have a full line including detail sprays, borderless towels, shampoos, tire dressings, etc. I'm starting to evaluate Adams line of products, but have not used any Adams machine sealants yet so I don't know how they compare.

Whatever you do, top your detail job with a nice warm coat of carnuaba wax like Pinnacle Souveran.

THIS!!!

I still use their Z2 "polish", but have made the switch over to adams.

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
Thanks for all the insite! Was just trying to find the right product for my PC and something that works good for black. I really hate spending the cash on something that is half ass. Detailing is already time consuming might as well be right the first time. Plus in the nasty enviroment i live in definitly need to be durable.

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
Wolfgang, Menzerna, Meg's used them all on black for correction and or sealant. Nattys Blue, Fuzion, and DP MW for wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I love the results I get with my Zaino products, but z2 and z5 are very difficult to see on white when you apply them (obviously shouldn't be a problem for you). They almost disappear. Other than that, its incredibly durable and my car has some serious gloss for a white car. The fact that z5 hides scratches and swirls is a nice bonus.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I've been finding lately that the Z2 is a hell of a lot harder to wipe off than the Z5. I almost dread that step because I can to press hard on the paint with my towel to get the residue up. I love Zaino, but I think I need a new sealant.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I had my eye on this kit Chemical Guys KIT_991 - Black Optical Select Car Care Kit (11 Items)

any reviews on this? BTW would it work well with my PC?

I think your going to get tons of different opinions on all these products. The best thing to do is try and find something you like to use and stick with that. I just used the chemical guys stuff with awesome results on my BLACK yukon that was swirled and scratched all over and it now looks better than showroom new. I started with the V-36 went to V-38 and then the blacklight glaze. Followed up with the Pete's 53 carnuba wax and I am more than happy with the results. I am thinking about ordering the jetseal 109 for my next detail on this so i have a good sealer on it also.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Zaino guy here...been using since 2007

it's a good sealant, I top with a coat of carnuba to give the deep wet look.

One thing to point out, Zaino is a by hand application only...not meant to be used with any machine.

since you have a 2013, paint is probably in good shape and I think Zaino would be a great thing for you if you are just getting into the detailing world.

Users who are viewing this thread