Zaino - I must be insane!

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
I believe the ZFX speeds up the reapplication time.

From the Zaino site:
ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Code:ZFX
Price: $19.95
Quantity in Basket: none

Description: Quite simply, there isn’t anything like ZFX in the industry. With any surface wax or sealant, there are proper dry time and cure times. The product simply isn’t ready for successive applications of product until the wax or sealant is dry and cured. ZFX accelerates both. This is critical for those that choose to rapidly layer applications of Z-2 PRO, Z-3, or Z-5 PRO. ZFX usage will increase the hardness and durability of the Zaino system as a whole.
– 2 ml., – enough for up to 32 oz.

flamed03vert

Established Member
I believe the ZFX speeds up the reapplication time.

From the Zaino site:
ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Code:ZFX
Price: $19.95
Quantity in Basket: none

Description: Quite simply, there isn’t anything like ZFX in the industry. With any surface wax or sealant, there are proper dry time and cure times. The product simply isn’t ready for successive applications of product until the wax or sealant is dry and cured. ZFX accelerates both. This is critical for those that choose to rapidly layer applications of Z-2 PRO, Z-3, or Z-5 PRO. ZFX usage will increase the hardness and durability of the Zaino system as a whole.
– 2 ml., – enough for up to 32 oz.

DuraGloss has a bonding accelerator too...

Polish Bonding Agent)

Imatk

Established Member
I used to use Zaino all the time (I still have some if any of you guys want to buy it) but the multiple-step process, plus having to mix the product was a real PITA.

The other problem is when you mix it you tend to have a lot left over which will go to waste as it hardens after about 8 hours or so.

Then if you DO manage to mix less and not have much left over (I always had some left over) the damn ZFX will also dry out over time.

Too much of a hassle for me. But it was fun at first... now I've found many other products that work as well, cost less and take less effort.

NuclearPower

Established Member
So I tried the Zaino this weekend on the Shelby. I had some pretty bad water spots on the vertical section of the trunk decklid and decided to start there first using PC. Not impressed.

Finished the whole car off with 2 coats of Z5 followed by 2 coats of Z2 using the Z6 spray to wipe down between each coat. Using the ZFX was a PITA...

So right now while the shine is nice, it is way too much hassle, UNLESS, the longevity is better than others. Unfortunately I think that I am going to have to take the car to get professionally detailed to competely remove the water spots and to remove other specks on the car. I don't have, nor am I sure that I would trust myself to machine polish...I'll post up once some time goes by about how the Zaino is holding up.

Bushguts

Established Member
I tried applying to mine in 40-45* weather and had to wait about 4 hours for it to dry between coats. High humidity or low temperatures makes it take a long time to dry. But once dry, it's a piece of cake to remove... no tough buffing or anything. Do your waxing in the warm dry summer and it'll be a piece of cake.

thats what they made the zfx kit for

NuclearPower

Established Member
Zaino is holding up quite well. I have washed the car twice and the bugs and dirt come off much easier and the car is also easier to dry. I am still not happy with the PC. At this point the only thing that I think is going to remove the water spots on the rear of the car is a machine polish...

All in all the Zaino is a good product. BUT there has to be an easier way to achieve the same results that don't take hours...

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
If you google zanio vs. duragloss you'll come up with some interesting threads. I've checked out some duragloss stuff and it seems identical to the comparable zaino product. (smell, texture,color). Been wanting to try some but every store I go to that duragloss' website claims is a supplier doesn't stock it but can get it for you. I happily use the zanio but would like to be able to run to the local auto parts store to pick up some duragloss if I ran out of zanio.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I am a zaino guy too...been using it for years and I am happy

I top zaino off with a coat of carnuba and seem to get the "wet" look

It does take time, but I will do one step at a time, let it sit overnight and come back the next day to do the next step.....

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I used Zaino when I first got my Lightning, really made the sonic blue look awesome. Now I really need to have some paint correction done as it was sitting in my parents garage for so long.

LT1Squirrel

Established Member
Zaino is good stuff, are there better products at the price? of course, but zaino isnt a 'buy and chuck', even though all zaino products have been stagnant in my detail chest for years... still love using my blue cans of 16

Chewy

Established Member
How would you define a "better" product? Ease of use (appication/removal), durability, smell?? IMHO, Zaino is just as good or better (based on those benchmarks) then everything on the market as was ahead of the curve nearly a decade ago.

Dan12GT

Established Member
I was recently converted to Zaino. I must say I will never use anything else, but am open minded if the 'next best thing' shows its face. This makes my mustang look amazing. Literally zero swirls and nothing but shine. It does take a long time to do but is worth it. I enjoy detailing my car so I don't see it so much as a pain in the butt as some do. I am on a 6 month cycle of applying the polish of 3 coats. It does last a LONG time as well. Literally months.

Spade

Established Member
Im thinking I may be an outcast here because I dont thing its a time consuming process after the first multi step application. I probably used it to much if thats possible. Id throw a coat (most of the time AIO) on ever second or third week and every time it seemed to get easer and easer. Now I do wash my vehicles a lot so they are fairly clean and use Z-6 after each wash and then some. If you watch the video posted on the first page you see how fast he covers the car. Im not that fast but pretty close. When I wash my car the water bounces off like water hitting a hot pan.

As for the amount to use, the first time I did the milti step process and used the ZFX accelerator, I filled the provided 2oz bottle half way and used a little over 3/4 of that for three coats. I thought I was stoned for paying what I did but after that I was fine.

Sorry for the late post but thought this might help.

Spade

Last edited:

NuclearPower

Established Member
I agree, but like others I am going to try to find Duragloss and see the difference, especially for the price difference.

Users who are viewing this thread