Zaino - I must be insane!

NuclearPower

Established Member
So I just ordered their complete kit, towels, bucket, swirl compound, etc. Cost $200. I must be an idiot. The entire $200 fit inside the bucket! I hope that it is true that this stuff is the best. Most of the car show fellas that I ask use this stuff and swear by it. I have also seen some informal tests that show it lasts for several weeks rather than days as most others do.

Hopefully I don't further f-up my black paint...

PDubs

Established Member
Some of their products only require a dime-sized amount per panel, definitely worth the investment. Clay bar first for best results!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I was always happy with their stuff on my metallic paints...havent used it in a while because Ive been lazy but looking forward to using it on my new truck soon.

A little really does go a LONG way, use the smallest amount possible to cover an area.

98slowbra

Established Member
I only use Zaino on my 98 chrome yellow cobra, I like the stuff very much and it works very well.

02GTnSC

Established Member
Not too bad of a price, go over to AutoGeek.net and check out the forums there for advice on the best products to use. Ive been on that site for a while and ive learned alot, best brands ive used so far is BlackFire, i love all of their products and they arent too pricey. If you want bang for your buck, look at Duragloss. I use duragloss aqua wax after every wash to keep my LSP up to par.

flamed03vert

Established Member
Drank the Zaino Kool Aid... honestly if you use it correctly and are satisfied with the results then stick with it. I too like AutoGeek but there is way too much "flavor of the month" hype to get you to spend more money. DuraGloss is very similar to Zaino but it is much cheaper and usually available locally from smaller parts stores like Napa's. Their Aqua Wax and 111 clear coat polish (which is actually not a polish but a sealant) is great stuff, as is the 901 car wash.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Yes, I understand and have read from almost everbody that a little goes a LONG way. Going to use it on the wife's car first before the Shelby.

How much car wash concentrate do I need to use?

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
its normally 1 capsule per every few gallons of water. its not very sudsy soap at all, so don't keep adding more , it'll just be a waste. again, little is more with zaino. lol

a few reflection shots for you. great stuff.
ref3.jpg

ref1.jpg

ref4.jpg

NuclearPower

Established Member
NICE! Haven't read much of the directions yet...Have a couple other projects that I need to finish first. Can I use it on the black plastic trim? Or will it leave that damn white residue that won't come out?

Any tips for using the swirl mark remover? Again, doing my wife's car first to learn. She has a grey Acura TSX.

SvilleCobra

Established Member
Zaino is the best stuff on the market...BUT you have to take your time with it and follow instructions. Dedicate and entire weekend to getting it right the first time and use sparingly as others have said.

Your black car will look spectacular if done right.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I used to use their stuff, religiously. It is a very good product, and a little does go a long way. One day, I decided to go a different route. Since, I can say that Zaino's gave my car a "plastic" look. Now, I get a deeper, wetter look with Poorboy's World products.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Thanks for all the posts fellas. I hope to do the wifes car this weekend. Learn. Then do the Shelby.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Yep I love Zaino. I don't like their numbering/product naming, but its really easy to use and provides a superior protectant and shine. Just ordered some more Z6 and some of their borderfree towels.

It's worth it man. But be sure to use the Z2/Z5 within 2-3 years or it'll start to come apart and will be wasted.

They make a great product. Enjoy it.

S/CCobra03

Established Member
I guess I'm in the minority. I used Zaino on three different vehicles over the years and I wasn't that impressed. Sure it shined but not any more than similar produces that cost 1/2 as much. Blackfire is what I use now and it is impressive. Way better than Zaino IMO. Maybe I just had too high of expectations for the Zaino since everyone and their mother said it was the best stuff ever invented.

idhitit

Established Member
I have several blk cars and I use to use Zanio but it took foreeevvvvveeeerrrrrr. I have move on to Poorboys products and they have worked excellent with about a 1/3 or less of the effort.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Are you saying Zaino takes forever because of the multiple step process of having to wait between steps? I am okay with that if the protection lives up to the hype...

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Are you saying Zaino takes forever because of the multiple step process of having to wait between steps? I am okay with that if the protection lives up to the hype...

I tried applying to mine in 40-45* weather and had to wait about 4 hours for it to dry between coats. High humidity or low temperatures makes it take a long time to dry. But once dry, it's a piece of cake to remove... no tough buffing or anything. Do your waxing in the warm dry summer and it'll be a piece of cake.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Thanks for that tip! I did plan on trying it this weekend, but the temperatures are going to be around 50-60. So I guess I might need to wait...

Users who are viewing this thread