Zaino help

magRT496

Established Member
ok, my 98 red camaro has swirl marks all over it. so after reading a couple testimonials and seeing some pictures i bought the zaino total protection show car kit. i washed it with dish shoap, then claybared the whole car. let it sit over night, washed it again with z7 zaino soap, dried with cotton towel and applied the z5 swirl mark remover and mixed in the zfx polish just as the directions said. i applied two coats and in between each coat i applied z6 spray. and nothing.....sure the car is really shiny and does look pretty good, but i still have tones of swirl marks. i let the z5 sit for a half hour and it definetly dried. i just wiped it off like it said and nothing....im going to wash it again this weekend and apply two more coats. should i try a buffer? zaino said not to because it doesnt really need it and requires too much polish. thnx

oldmodman

Established Member
I have used Zaino for years.
And always had to remove swirl marks before using it.
Zaino is great on some colors, but only if the paint is swirl free before starting to use it.

Josh1

Banned
If your swirls are really bad you will have to work most of them out before it will hide any. I had to put 6 coats of Z5 on my silverstone Z before it started covering them up. If they are deep then you might want to try first getting them out. I like how Z5 hides them because you don't have to polish all the time and wear away your clearcoat.

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
I'm not sure how bad your swirl marks are/were previous to you starting but here is some random thoughts/questions....When you used the Z5 and wiped it back off, did you notice any swirl marks at that time? If you got all of them out and then applied the ZFX polish, did you use a separate cloth wipe it back off? Sometimes people use various kinds of cloth to wipe their wax/polish/ (whatever) off and put swirl marks back in it. Quick way to tell is get a CD out that you can't use any more and wipe a little spot with your cloth. Did it mark it any? If so, then you are putting swirl marks back in it. My other thought is, sometimes the cloth you use to wipe it off might brush the ground or hit a very small dirty spot that "contaminates" the cloth with some small grit. this is something I have learned to keep a very close eye on. Anyway just some things that might be causing the problem. The biggest question is, were the swirl marks out BEFORE you put on the ZFX? Zaino is some good stuff, just be patient with it, we'll get you going in the right direction.:)

magRT496

Established Member
thnx for all the help geuss i need to read the bottle more carefully :loser:. i think ill try the zpc, and ill borrow my friends electric buffer and well see what we come up with.

so my process should looks something like this.....

1. wash with dishsoap
2. claybar
3. zpc with buffer
4. z5 with zfx
5. z2

Users who are viewing this thread