Zaino anyone ??

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
good product, great shine, and a PIA to apply....hope you have an entire weekend free to detail your car.

Tom

Juiced-03

Established Member
poop!

:p j/k

I really don't care for Zaino at all. I used to think it was in a class of its own as far as durability, but 4* UPP lasts just as long when maintained. I haven't tested it, but I'm sure Klasse SG would put up a good fight as well.

steed76

Established Member
I have used Zaino.. I like it! Plan on spending a few DAYS on the initial apply(if you do it right). Ease of "maintenance" afterwards is very simple. the reflective properties arer insane! especially on dark colored cars. I've considered trying some other products but haven't gotten brave enough yet! I don't own a PC so all waxes and polishes are applied by hand. Good luck you will like it, just don't take shortcuts!

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:

:lol: I think more like :xpl: ... :-D lol...
Tested samples from a friend. z2pro over AIO & also tried z10 & z8 & i was not to happy. SO much hype on these products I was content. The results are similar to anything autogeek sells. But Zaino does live up the competition & the Zealots love it. I will not personally buy from zaino because they have not offered any good deals Like Autogeek , SMP & poorboy’s world.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I agree that 4* products can rival it, as well as PB EXP (only on the looks).

I've never tried it because it would take forever to do it and it has a "plastic like" look to me.

However, those that love it, really love it. Durability is supposed to be awesome as well.

LS2Killa

Banned
yeah i have all weekend to do it, the car is black, so i've heard it does wonders on black cars ? There is a car show coming up next week, and it would be nice to have a little shine cruzin around.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
LS2Killa said:
yeah i have all weekend to do it, the car is black, so i've heard it does wonders on black cars ? There is a car show coming up next week, and it would be nice to have a little shine cruzin around.
my personal preference is not to use zaino on black as it does leave it with a plastic looking finish. But to each their own. I prefer menzerna and pinnacle souveran or clearkote products on black paint.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Todd03Blown said:
my personal preference is not to use zaino on black as it does leave it with a plastic looking finish. But to each their own. I prefer menzerna and pinnacle souveran or clearkote products on black paint.

Yeah definitely! I have seen Zaino make whites and silvers look pretty darn reflective, but was never impressed with it on darks at all.

Souveran just might be the best thing on black (with CMW and Natty's Blue as the runner ups!).

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I have used it for over a year now, and I like the results. I have seen many, many dark color Cobras look outstanding with Zaino's. I don't think it is a PITA to apply. I don't know, maybe just me :shrug: .

Scott P

Established Member
I've said many times that Zaino is an excellent product. To get the most out of it, you must really concentrate on surface prep. Zaino is shiny and all that, but it magnifies paint defects. ZPC does a good job of removing light to moderate swirls when using a machine. Z-5 is good to fill in micromarring. Z-2Pro is nice too. Durability is top-notch.

The actually process of Zaino is about he same as regular waxes. Where it takes longer is in the common practice of layering. People add multiple layers of the stuff to the car. If you are happy with three layers, you can do the detail in one day (when using Zfx).

Monolith

Shake Me Up
Established Member
I used Zaino with good success on my white 1998 GT and am going back to it now on my 2003 DSG Mach1. I've been using Meguire's NXT on the Mach for the past year and feel that it just doesn't have the shine or the durability that Zaino does.

Everyone should note that while it used to be true that it took a whole weekend to apply, that is not the case anymore thanks to their ZFX additive which accelerates the cure time of the polish. You can literally do several coats now in the time that it used to take to do one.

It's worth the money IMO.

Last edited:

Monolith

Shake Me Up
Established Member
I'll take some pics of the Mach this afternoon when I get off work so you can see what it looks like with a few coats of NXT on it. I'll snap more next week when I redo the whole thing with Zaino.

Edit...

Actually scratch that as I'm a dumb ass. My wife has our camera on a business trip right now so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take and post pictures. Sorry.

Last edited:

LS2Killa

Banned
Got a late start (SUNDAY) , i was a little scared after the clay bar, it took the shine right off the car, but after the third coat of the Z2 it came back. I am working on the second coat of Z5 now, but looking a hell of a lot better.

LS2Killa

Banned
Scott P said:
In theory, you are supposed to do Z5, then Z2.
Really ! The instuctions did not say anything about what was first or last :( What would be the purpose of the number on the bottle ?

Users who are viewing this thread