Z06s v. 03 Cobra v. Rx7 v. bike - Columbus Action

JNY XXX

Got some more footage from this weekend.

Here's a rundown of some stuff you'll probably want to know:

First part of the video shows two guys jawing at one another about a race they popped off. The guy carrying on (in the white tee-shirt, who was in a new Mach 1) lost the race, but claims the other guy (who was in a fox-body) left early. Just some of the drama that goes on anytime testosterone and money is involved. :)

As for the actual racing footage:

First race: Sam = camera car, 01 Z06 w/ headers and spray, versus Chris = 04 Z06 (Z16 edition) and other bolt-ons on spray from a 40 roll. Chris was having problems with the spray, I guess.

Second race: Sam (camera car) versus a single-turbo Rx-7 from a 40 roll. They got out of it due to traffic.

Third race: Sam (camera car) versus Chris again, plus a 02 Ninja 600, from a 30 roll or so.

Fourth race: Sam (camera car) versus Matt, an 03 Cobra with ported eaton (makes 480ish rwhp n/a) versus me (Venomss/Dr. Z06). I'm running spray in my Z06. I'm in the third lane over, the Cobra is in the middle lane. Sam misses third (as indicated by his blinding shift light). In that run, we hit 160+.

Fifth race: Me (camera car) versus Chris (Z06). Chris was still having issues with the spray, I guess. I got out of it.

Sixth race: Filming from my car, Matt (in the Cobra) versus the 02 Ninja 600.

Last race: Me (camera car) versus Chris (Z06) and a bolt-on, sprayed Z28. I was running n/a on that run. Chris in the Z06 is in the lane to our right. The Z28 is in the lane to our left. You can catch the position of the Z28 relative to the other two cars just as the vid is fading out.

BTW, that Cobra (Matt) also runs an 80-shot and, on the juice, puts down 560rwhp and 640rwtq. He wasn't spraying in the runs in this video. Nevertheless, it's one very quick Cobra.

My Z06, an 04, put down 490/500 on a 100-shot. It has a cam, headers, and an x-pipe. Sam's Z06 puts down similar numbers on a 150-shot. He only has the spray plus headers.

http://flathat.woodstream.net/ColumbusRacing/Hua/Z06_country.mpg

Please right click and save as. Then enjoy. :)

JNY XXX

Not my server, don't know. The link is posted on about five other sites. I knew once it hit this one that it'd start to get cooked.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
damn who had the vett in he far left lane lo lthat thing was moving but llooks like the cobra pulled back in at the end

JNY XXX

Faster150 said:
damn who had the vett in he far left lane lo lthat thing was moving but llooks like the cobra pulled back in at the end

That was me. When I let out, I had about a car on the Cobra. (The camera angle kind of conceals that.) I was impressed with the Cobra's top end. Usually, at those speeds, aerodynamics starts to count for more than just a little. :banana:

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
Venomss said:
That was me. When I let out, I had about a car on the Cobra. (The camera angle kind of conceals that.) I was impressed with the Cobra's top end. Usually, at those speeds, aerodynamics starts to count for more than just a little. :banana:

yeh depends on his tune.. but those roots blowers dont have good top end.. lackin in power about 4500RPM with eatons

I need a Stang

Established Member
Is that on I-71 heading North? If so I know exactly where that is because I'm in Columbus at least once a month or something.

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
damn the mach1 guy talks alot of shyt..i guess he got put in his place since he lost the race Venomss said... hahaa i love puttin shyt talkers in there place..they make an ass of themselves when they get beat

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
Good vid

I saw the guy with the yellow Mach run the time he mentions at the track in Xenia, he can drive, but guess he didn't have enough hp this time

Cool to see so many vettes running, we need some action like this in Dayton

JNY XXX

I need a Stang said:
Is that on I-71 heading North? If so I know exactly where that is because I'm in Columbus at least once a month or something.

Nope, but close. We "computer generated" the footage to make it appear as though we were on 270 (i.e., the outerbelt). :thumbsup:

BlackMachWon said:
Good vid

I saw the guy with the yellow Mach run the time he mentions at the track in Xenia, he can drive, but guess he didn't have enough hp this time

Cool to see so many vettes running, we need some action like this in Dayton

It might have been another guy who also drives a yellow Mach 1 that you saw at Xenia. That guy (i.e., not the one in the vid) is a pretty good driver and has done mid-12's in his Mach 1 with just an exhaust and DR's. Dunno, though.

BTW, that night, we had a few of the Dayton guys out.

03 svtvenom said:
Sweet video! Your car looked pretty good at the dyno day a few weeks back.

Thanks. :coolman:

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
It might have been another guy who also drives a yellow Mach 1 that you saw at Xenia. That guy (i.e., not the one in the vid) is a pretty good driver and has done mid-12's in his Mach 1 with just an exhaust and DR's. Dunno, though.

BTW, that night, we had a few of the Dayton guys out.

Thanks. :coolman:[/QUOTE]

Looked like him, but guess not, yep this guy I saw went 12.55/110+ with et streets, o/r and filter, launching like a mad-man - 5,500 rpm clutch dumps

Users who are viewing this thread