Z06 vette

hdotis69

Established Member
How will the L do against a stock Zo6 vette. I have a friend that has one and he says it's the fastest of the vetts. We've been gonna race but haven't yet. I have

4# pulley
aluminum drive shaft
airforce one cold air
JDM throttle body
autologic chip
magna flow cat backs

lightning89mg

Established Member
Depends how you race... If you do freeway, you might aswell not race him, because those things fly. If you do off the line, you may take him because of the torque you have, but he will catch up. Z06's are fast, a old friend of mine has one and it flys, but he hits the rev limiter a lot, so the driver counts a lot too. Goodluck!

superford

Established Member
Z06?

they scare me....

:lol:

I've yet to see one at the track run faster than a low 12.

most of them run high 12s and up.

not that the car is bad, but apparently hard to drive properly.

later,
chris

greekss

Established Member
Originally posted by hdotis69
How will the L do against a stock Zo6 vette. I have a friend that has one and he says it's the fastest of the vetts. We've been gonna race but haven't yet. I have

4# pulley
aluminum drive shaft
airforce one cold air
JDM throttle body
autologic chip
magna flow cat backs

its like comparing apples to oranges you have a truck and its a vette. that being taken into consideration you will do good for a truck, but it wont even be funny, he will be sooo gone.

but like force9 said its all for fun

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Originally posted by Calypso
Just remember to wave as he goes by, in good sportsmanship of course.

Make sure you do it with you middle finger lol.........:D

J/K Its all in good fun :beer:

cenwesi

Established Member
He will rape you both in 1/4 mile or freeway...

I am thinking about getting a used one...just been searching haven't seen one that i can afford as of yet :)

My last resort is an '03/04 Cobra...

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
im not saying you wont get smoked but the odds are in his favor...

if you race at the track you can get him if he cant drive good... if you race from a roll just pray to god he misses gears... like all of them

Boost13r

Established Member
My wife drives an '03 Z06 and I just bought a '04 L , so I'm not biased but with the same mods as the first post my buddys '02 L found out street and track(1/8 mi.) that with a good driver there's no hope catching the vette? He ran a 8.23 at 85.8 and I ran an 8.15 at 90.9 my 60 was an 2.03 to his 1.96 and yes he had me up to the 100ft. mark , that's also why I bought my L because it is a truck that will haul ass and still pull a boat on the weekend if need be! And the vette was stock with about 3000 mi.

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by Boost13r
My wife drives an '03 Z06 and I just bought a '04 L , so I'm not biased but with the same mods as the first post my buddys '02 L found out street and track(1/8 mi.) that with a good driver there's no hope catching the vette? He ran a 8.23 at 85.8 and I ran an 8.15 at 90.9 my 60 was an 2.03 to his 1.96 and yes he had me up to the 100ft. mark , that's also why I bought my L because it is a truck that will haul ass and still pull a boat on the weekend if need be! And the vette was stock with about 3000 mi.

And that is only in the 1/8 mile. The 1/4 would have been a slaughter!

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I ran my L before I sold it and beat the crap out of it from digs and rolls. I didn't have many performance mods on the L, though.

CobrABoZ

Established Member
My dad has a z06 and really, a modded lightning stands not to bad a chance u just have to drive her right, the z06 isnt impossible for a lightning not by a long shot. The z06 isnt invincible.

steve goddard

Established Member
Originally posted by hdotis69

4# pulley
aluminum drive shaft
airforce one cold air
JDM throttle body
autologic chip
magna flow cat backs

Our hp to weigt ratio in comparison is our major problem. If you can modify the hell out of your L ( ie, everything including traction bars and drag radials/dot slicks ) you probably can take him.

I have three camaros ( two 427's and a 302 ) and an E55 AMG. Our L's are to be taken very seriously are in comparison but our weight, poor traction and poor aerodynamics are major disadvantages.

Boost13r

Established Member
But remeber you can't kill a zo6 of the line it'll smoke the tires if you could, a stock zo6 will run 12.0"s low 11.90's all day!

Users who are viewing this thread