Z06 Material: 4.10 gears - 0-115

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
Just wanted to share a little video I took the other night of the new Z I picked up last week.
03 Z06, 243 heads, MS4 cam, LTs w/ cats, Borla and fresh 4.10s.
Quick little blast to 115ish. I wasn't hammering on it because of traction issues, but if I ease into it like in the video, it hooks. Drag radials are a must now with the 4.10s.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwLL1lh2vIU"]YouTube- 2003 Corvette C5 Z06 0-115mph[/nomedia]

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
Nice! are they ported 243 heads? What's it dynoing SAE?

They are PRC Stage 1 243 Heads, no numbers as of yet, Chuck @ COW tuned it but no numbers. I am going to get it to the dyno in a week or so to see what she's putting down.

venomws6

Established Member
Sounds sick man...

But stock C5 ZO6 tops 185mph with 6500rpm and 3.42
with 4.10 you need 27+ tall tires or shorter 6th gear IMO unless the car doesnt see many street runs...

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
It's a big advantage to only shift twice up to those speeds. I'm just not a fan of 4.10s on a vette, although there are people who swear by them.

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
It's a big advantage to only shift twice up to those speeds. I'm just not a fan of 4.10s on a vette, although there are people who swear by them.

You are right, but I wanted to try the 4.10's out because of all the hype in the Corvette world about them, and I will switch it back sooner or later to the stock rear end, but its too much fun to have the ability to pull so hard in any gear, especially up top in the RPM range.

Sounds sick man...

But stock C5 ZO6 tops 185mph with 6500rpm and 3.42
with 4.10 you need 27+ tall tires or shorter 6th gear IMO unless the car doesnt see many street runs...

I do like high speed, and nothing like doing 180+ in a vette, but I'd much rather have acceleration with a limited top speed. All the "roll racing" i do is from a 40mph roll, and that is just in the sweet spot in 2nd gear with the Z and 4.10s.

Sup Anthony.....nice to you in a car again....lmk what that thing makes

Hows the Cobra doin? I do miss her! How many miles on it now?

NA_Cobra

Established Member
They are PRC Stage 1 243 Heads, no numbers as of yet, Chuck @ COW tuned it but no numbers. I am going to get it to the dyno in a week or so to see what she's putting down.

Should be right around 440-450rwhp.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Nice, sounds amazing. Nothing sounds better than a built LS motor. I love C5 & C6 Z06's so great vid. Huge leap from the stock 3.42's !!!

Users who are viewing this thread