Z06 aint that fast

TopEndMACH

Banned
The other day on my way home a guy in his shiney new Z06(still had LAF plates) pulled out in front of me and trompt it to the floor.After the cloud of blue smoke cleared we were both at a stop sign.Now I know these cars are fast but my MACH has a few mods including 4.10 gears so I thought I might be able to get a jump on him.So he turned right and got on it hard so I followed suit.As I thought my 4.10s pulled me to his rear quarter before I ran out of first gear, And thats where I stuck all the way to 145MPH (which came quite quickly!)until my road came up and I had to back out of it.For a big horse-cu.in. supercar(?) my little 4.6 held tight pretty good.I always wanted to know and now I do! Here little Z06-want to come out and play.........

Last edited:

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Nobody champions Fords wonderful 32V DOHC modular V8's more than I,......however, the 427ci LS7 is the superior engine and is in a much lighter car. I can't help but believe this guy wasn't giving everything his car can do. Add some good ole forced induction and that'll even things up some. ;-)

TNTramair

Established Member
wait wait...are we talkin a 405hp z06 or a bran new 2006 427cu 500+hp???

even with a 405hp version i think its b.s cause me with a lighter car than your MACH and nearly 400rwhp n/a can barely squeak by a STOCK 405 Z06...I wouldnt even consider messing with a new one without spraying em.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Even if he is talking about the 405 HP Z06 I am calling BS, high 11's completely stock (as some of them have been seen doing). And if its a new 500hp Z06 I am calling BS of the year.... :bs:

wolves

Established Member
um, anything can happen in the street.
But, I doubt the Z06 had it floored. They have much more hp and are lighter than a Mach to lose a race. Again, he may not have had it floored.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
2004SVTSTNG said:
I had one pull up to me on the freeway while I was in my Saleen E, it was not a pretty race.Got my but kicked!!!

Whats faster the E or the 04? and whats more fun to drive?

rphinney

Established Member
Very few of the new Z06's have been produced and none have made it too the general public. Only a few spotted on the way to shows and such

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
TopEndMACH said:
The other day on my way home a guy in his shiney new Z06(still had LAF plates) pulled out in front of me and trompt it to the floor.After the cloud of blue smoke cleared we were both at a stop sign.Now I know these cars are fast but my MACH has a few mods including 4.10 gears so I thought I might be able to get a jump on him.So he turned right and got on it hard so I followed suit.As I thought my 4.10s pulled me to his rear quarter before I ran out of first gear, And thats where I stuck all the way to 145MPH (which came quite quickly!)until my road came up and I had to back out of it.For a 500 horse supercar(?) my little 4.6 held tight pretty good.I always wanted to know and now I do! Here little Z06-want to come out and play.........

If a Z06 ain't fast to you I don't even want to know how you catergorize my stock 02 GT Mustang :nonono:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
TNTramair said:
wait wait...are we talkin a 405hp z06 or a bran new 2006 427cu 500+hp???

even with a 405hp version i think its b.s cause me with a lighter car than your MACH and nearly 400rwhp n/a can barely squeak by a STOCK 405 Z06...I wouldnt even consider messing with a new one without spraying em.

S**t the new ones ain't even out till Fall/Winter.

Users who are viewing this thread