Z-28 Police Cars-anyone use one?

jshen

Established Member
Just curious, I have seen a couple in my area and would love to know how good they run ...and what officers think of them. Are the seats different in order to accomodate an officer's duty belt? Any praises/complaints?

Thanks

Ginsu

Established Member
Our STEP unit has them. From what I have seen, our cars have the standard Z28 seat and automatic transmission. As far as complaints, I have not heard of any from the officers that they are assigned to.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
I got to drive one about 11 years ago when I was on Special Assignment to our Traffic Division.

In a word-SUCKED

1) You're almost laying down in it
2) Try getting in/out a few dozen times during your shift
3) regular seats, no provisions for weapon/ASP, etc

I made these conclusions before I became an old fart and before back surgery. I'm all about fast cars for police work, but they just are'nt practical IMO.

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
I just moved from west Texas where they used LS1 Z28's for traffic patrol on the highways. They were EVERYWHERE! I got stopped by one about a year ago. The guy gives me the ticket, then starts chatting about cars lol.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
in chicago they have z-06 police interceptors on the tollways, same deal as the z-28's with the extra cooling capacities and heavy duty silicone hoses.

Users who are viewing this thread